The South Korean tech giant Samsung has released its much-awaited Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra as real premium smartphones with a premium range of price tag for sure. This year both the Galaxy S20 and Note20 lineup devices come with a couple of aesthetic changes with much-improved camera specifications, and more. Samsung’s flagship devices always come with the latest software version and so the Galaxy Note20 series runs on Android 10 (One UI 2.5) out-of-the-box.
Here we’ve shared a full list of Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Stock Firmware with their software update tracker.
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 user and waiting for the latest firmware update or missed out on any particular firmware version, then you can easily find out the firmware and download it from the given link. Additionally, we’ve provided the firmware update changelogs, installation steps, requirements, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the device overview below.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Specifications
The South Korean conglomerate recently announced its latest offering in the Note series. Dubbed as the Galaxy Note 20, it holds some power-packed feature list. The huge 6.7 inches display has 1080 x 2400 pixels protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The global variant comes with an octa-core Exynos 990 chipset while the USA variant has an octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+ chip.
The former comes with Mali-G77 MP11 GPU while the latter has Adreno 650. The device comes in a single variant- 256GB 8GB RAM with no SD Card slot, but we don’t think that it should be an issue for the buyers. Then the triple rear camera setup of the 12+64+12MP combination takes some amazing clicks. It could record videos even at 8K@24fps. On the front, you get a single 10 MP, f/2.2 aperture lens capable of 4K@30/60fps video recording.
The under-display fingerprint device has a device that should just about do its job for the entire day, if not then there is always a 25W fast charging option available. However, the biggest takeaway from this device is the latest One UI 2.5 OS based on Android 10.
Check OTA Update
Samsung always releases firmware OTA updates to its eligible devices in batches based on the server or region. So, it’s quite obvious that most of the users may receive the firmware update notification lately. However, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device via the phone settings.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and fully charge the battery level. If your device gets the latest software update notification, you can simply grab the OTA by downloading and installing it. But if in case, you want to install any particular update version or want to keep updated with each and every firmware update, you should follow the tracker list below.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Stock Firmware Tracker
We will keep updating the firmware update details whenever a new update will be available. So, make sure to bookmark this page. You will find stock firmware for SM-N981F, SM-N981B (International); SM-N981U (USA); SM-N981U1 (USA unlocked); SM-N981W (Canada).
Make sure to download the correct firmware for your device. If you are using SM-N981F, then download firmware starting with SM-N981F.
|N980FXXU4FVG3||July 2022 Security Patch|
|N980FXXU3EVA9||February 2022 Security Patch|
|N980FXXU3DUH2||August 2021 Security Patch|
|N981BXXS2DUF1||June 2021 Security Patch|
|N981BXXU2DUDA||May 2021 Security Patch|
|N981BXXS1DUD1||April 2021 Security Patch|
|N981BXXU1DUC8||March 2021 Patch|
|N981BXXU1CTL5||December 2020 Security Patch|
|N980FXXS1ATK1||December 2020 Security Patch (Europe)|
|N981USQS1BTK3||November 2020 Security Patch (Sprint)|
|N981WVLS1ATJ5||November 2020 Security Patch (Canada)|
|N981BXXS1ATJA||November 2020 Security Patch|
|N980FXXU1ATJ1||October Security 2020 Patch (Global)|
|N980FXXS1ATID||October 2020 Patch (Europe)|
|N981BXXU1ATJ1||October 2020 Patch|
|N981BXXS1ATID||October 2020 Patch|
|N981USQU1ATH3||August 2020 patch|
|N981BXXU1ATH3||August 2020 patch [Europe]|
|N981WVLU1ATH3||August 2020 patch (Canada)|
|N981U1UEU1ATH3||August 2020 patch (US Unlocked)|
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Manually
Ensure to follow all the requirements properly before going to the firmware installation process.
- Before you go ahead with the procedure, make sure to take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy USB drivers.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging:
– To do that again, head to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Enter your Galaxy device into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for Samsung phones with capacitive buttons and Volume Down + Bixby + Power for newer models.
Download Required Tools:
- How to Download Firmware: Frija Tool | Samfirm Tool | Samsung Firmware Website
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Instructions to Install
- Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
We hope this tracker list and firmware flashing guide was helpful to all the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 users. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.