In case, you’re using any Samsung Galaxy device and you have already rooted your phone, this guide is for you. In this scenario, if you’re using any of the Samsung Galaxy devices and rooted via any Custom Recovery and now you want to get back the stock recovery, follow the full guide here. Here in this article, we will share with you the Guide to Extract Stock Recovery from Samsung Stock ROM.
Whether you have installed any Custom ROMs or not, your stock recovery of the Stock Firmware has been removed. Meanwhile, if you didn’t get the OTA updates, you should restore the stock recovery.
Now, you may ask what the stock recovery means? Let’s discuss it briefly.
What is the Stock Recovery?
In the Android platform, Recovery means the dedicated bootable partition of the system which has been installed in the recovery console. With the help of a key combination presses your device boots into the recovery. Here you can find useful stock tools like repair, reboot to bootloader, apply update of stock firmware, recovery logs, wipe cache partition, factory reset, mount/system, etc. These are useful tools if you’re using the official stock firmware.
However, it’s quite limited but simple to use. The stock recovery runs when the device Android system boots up. Meanwhile, custom recoveries offer much more functionalities like backups, restore, install any zip or image file easily, flash custom firmware, root file, mod file, etc.
Steps to Extract Stock Recovery from Samsung Stock ROM
The extraction process is quite easy. You need to download the latest Samsung stock firmware for your device model. Now, extract the recovery.img file from it, then compress it back into ‘.tar’ file and flash with Odin tool.
But before going to the actual process, let’s take a look at the pre-requirements.
- This guide is for only Samsung Devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least before starting anything.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device without Root.
- Samsung USB Drivers – Download and install it on your PC.
- Download the appropriate Samsung Device Stock ROM on your PC.
Now, follow the extraction guide carefully.
Guide to Extract Stock Recovery:
- First, download the preferred Samsung stock firmware for your device model.
- Extract the firmware zip file on your computer within a folder.
- Open the .tar.md5 file using 7Zip. (Download 7Zip)
- You will find the ‘recovery.img’ file. This is the stock recovery file for your Samsung device. Select it and hit Extract.
- Compress the recovery image file via 7Zip tool in “.tar” format.
- Put your Samsung device in Odin Download mode, select ‘AP’ or ‘PDA’ in Odin tool and select the new recovery.tar file, then hit the Start button.
After successfully flashed, your smartphone will reboot and you should have to get back to the stock recovery again. In order to reboot into recovery mode and check it, switch off your phone and hold down Volume Up + Home/Bixby button + Power buttons together for a few seconds.
That’s it for guys. Hope you have successfully extracted the Stock Recovery from Samsung Stock ROM easily. In case if you’ve rooted your device earlier over stock firmware, means didn’t install any Custom ROM, you can use this method to re-enable official Stock OTA (over-the-air) updates also.
In case, you want to install the Samsung Stock Firmware on a Samsung device via Odin Tool, follow the below guide.Guide to Install Stock Firmware on a Samsung Device using Odin Tool
Meanwhile, if you want to unroot your phone, just go to the app Magisk/SuperSU which you have used earlier to root your device and unroot it. If you want to root your Samsung Galaxy device, follow the guide: Root Samsung Galaxy Devices using CF Auto Root and Odin Tool.
Hope this guide is clear to you and helpful as well. Feel free to write down your comments below.