On this page, we will guide you on how to install the official firmware flash file on your Honor View 20 PCT-AL10, PCT-L29. Well, the device runs out of the box with the Android 9.0 Pie update. It is powered by the Kirin 980 processor.
To install the firmware flash file on Honor View 20 PCT-AL10, PCT-L29, you need to download the software called the Huawei Flash tool. This method simple and easy.
- Huawei Honor View 20 Specifications:
- Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
- Steps to Flash Firmware File on Honor View 20
Huawei Honor View 20 Specifications:
Huawei Honor View 20 features a 6.4 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2310 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 HiSilicon Kirin 980 7 nm processor coupled with 6/8GB of RAM. The phone packs 128/256GB internal memory. The camera on the Huawei Honor View 20 comes with dual 48 MP + TOF 3D stereo camera, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, HDR, panorama and 25 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Honor View 20 runs on Android 9.0 Pie with Magic UI 2.0 and backed by Li-Po 4000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the Back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of boot loop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform a system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- Flash Stock to unbrick your Honor View 20 device
- Fix the device boot loop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix bugs or lag or stutter on Honor View 20 device
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Gain phone warranty again (if applicable)
Steps to Flash Firmware File on Honor View 20
Now, before we get straight to the installation guide, make sure to follow the prerequisites section below and make sure you download the flash tools and drivers on your PC.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Honor View 20 (PCT-AL10, PCT-L29). Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require to Download Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and install it.
Stock Firmware Information
- Device Supported: Honor View 20
- Model: PCT-AL10, PCT-L29
- Android OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- User interface (UI): EMUI 9.0
- Processor: Kirin 980
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware for the Honor View 20 from the link below.
Download Flash Files
- Flash File Name: PCT-L29 HW EEA HLRCF PRINCETON-L29D 10.0.0.171(C431E10R3P4)
- OS: Android 10 | EMUI 10
- File Size: 4 GB
- Download Link: Click Here
- Flash File Name: PCT-AL10 PCT-AL00I PCT-AL10I hw in HLRCF Princeton-AL10I 18.104.22.168(C675E9R1P4)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- File Size: 4 GB
- Download Link: Click Here
Upgrade using OTG Adapter or OTG Cable+USB Memory
- Download the dload firmware from the above link, extract it and copy the same to your USB memory stick. Make sure it is formatted as exFat or NTFS.
- Factory reset your device from the Settings option (optional). Once done, power it off.
- Now connect the memory stick using an OTG cable to your device. Make sure it has all the extracted files from the dload firmware.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates and shows the Huawei+Android logo, presses the Power button three times. Doing so will make your device reboot to eRecovery mode.
- In that menu, select Update Mode, then select the Memory card/OTG update mode. The update will now start.
So these were the steps to install the stock dload firmware on Honor View 20 using the memory stick. Let’s now have a look at how the same could be done via NM Card.
Install Dload Firmware using Huawei NM Card
- Extract the stock firmware and place the three extracted files on the Huawei NM Card.
- Factory reset your device (optional) and then power off your device.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates, it will show the Huawei+Android logo. In this instance, press the Power button 3 times. This takes you to the eRecovery mode.
- Select Update mode from the menu and select Memory Card/OTG Update mode. The update will then start.
However, if you wish to carry out the update from the system itself, then follow the instructions mentioned in the next section below.
Update from System
- Extract the dload stock firmware of Honor View 20 and transfer the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card or to the memory stick.
- Now head over to the dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#*. From the menu that appears, select the Software Update option.
- After that, select the Memory Card Upgrade. The system will now read files from the inserted SD card/USB storage or NM Card and will subsequently flash the file.
- When the installation is complete, you could safely remove the OTG.
If the above methods, don’t work on your device, you can try the next two methods.
SD Card Update Method
- Create a new folder called dload on your MicroSD card.
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip file on PC > Copy the UPDATE.APP file into the dload folder on your MicroSD card.
- Switch off your handset > Long-press Vol Up + Vol Down + Power key together for a few seconds until the fastboot mode appears.
- You’ll see ‘Installing system update’ > Wait for a while > Your device will automatically reboot after flashing.
Manually Flash Stock ROM
- First of all, Download and extract the Huawei smartphone Multi Download Tool on your computer.
- Now, Download and Install the Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and Huawei USB Driver your PC.
- Launch the QPBLFBML01.exe file to open the Huawei Multi-Download Tool.
- Next, you will see the XML firmware file upload option.
- Click on the Browse button (three-dot icon) and it will ask for the password.
- Don’t put anything, just leave it blank and click on the Set button.
- Now, select the .xml firmware file for your device and click on Open.
- Then click on the Next button.
- You will see the installation progress page. Connect your device via a USB cable with the Fastboot or Download Mode.
- Next, click on the Scan&Download button to start flashing the stock firmware.
- It will automatically detect the Fastboot device and will take some time to install it.
- Once flashing done, restart your device.
So, that’s all about how to flash the firmware file on Honor View 20 PCT-AL10, PCT-L29. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubts, do let us know.