VoLTE is the short form of Voice Over Long Term Evolution, and VoWiFi means Voice Over WiFi. These are the standard wireless communication that allows the user to access higher quality voice calls and internet speeds. It provides you higher bandwidths for superior quality voice calling and speedier internet access. You use this feature as default when you are using the 4G SIM on your mobile. In this article, we will see how to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on OnePlus 7 Pro.
Moreover, the network uses the 4G signal instead of switching between 3G/2G during calls or internet communication. The network carriers also allow you to change the settings. Devices like Samsung and Huawei allow the user to use these VoLTE and VoWiFi from their network carriers. But, OnePlus 7 Pro users are stuck with the 3G data and WiFi services. There is no option to enable these services on the OnePlus devices. It does not come equipped with such option out-of-the-box.
However, there is a complex method through which you can enable and get your carrier partners to integrate this feature. Let us understand the method to enable it.
Quick Specs Overview
OnePlus 7 Pro is powered by the Snapdragon 855 SoC and has an option of three variants 6GB/8GB/12GB of RAM. You also get two option for storage 128GB or the 256GB. Moreover, it has the pop-up selfie camera that is a 16 MP shooter that allows it to achieve that bezel-less design. The rear has a triple camera setup of 48MP + 16Mp + 8MP. It has all the connectivity features and is a great flagship killer in that price.
Not forget the great AMOLED display of the phone that gives a bezel-less design along with almost the best screen to body ratio. Tweaking the screen resolution could also improve your viewing experience on the device
How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus manufacturers have kept these settings hidden under the hood. You can access this feature using the OnePlus Log Kit app. Moreover, these settings are not stable and you might face some issues with them. Anyways, here is how to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on OnePlus 7 Pro;
- Download the OnePlus Log Kit app’s APK from the link here.
- Install the OnePlus Log Kit app using its APK file.
- After installing the Log Kit app, open the dialer app.
- Dial *#800# to access a secret menu.
- You will see a warning pop-up. Tap on Enter. (Note- Follow the steps cautiously as a wrong step or move can damage your phone beyond repair.)
- Tap on the OnePlus Log Kit option on the top.
- Scroll down and tap the Function switch option.
- Tap on VoLTE Switch option and then tap on cancel button.
- Tap on VoWiFi switch option and then tap on the reboot button.
- Your device will get restarted and when it turns On, you will see that the VoLTE and VoWiFi feature is enabled on your OnePlus 7 Pro.
Once you have followed the above-mentioned steps, then you can enable the feature easily. I would like to again bring to your notice that, please follow the steps carefully and sequentially to avoid any permanent damage to your device. Moreover, once you have enabled this feature, you can access them by;
- Open Settings.
- Tap on WiFi & Internet option.
- Select Sim & Network option.
There you have it. This article lets you enable the VoLTE and VoWiFi function on the OnePlus 7 Pro. This is not tested on any other OnePlus device, so please do not attempt to tests this feature on other devices other than OnePlus 7 Pro. You can do at your own risk though. Let us know in the comments whether this guide helped you or not.