Rocket League is one of the most popular vehicular soccer video games that run on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, Mac, Linux platforms. Since it’s a free-to-play game, some of the unfortunate players are unable to launch the game for some unknown reasons. While most of the PC and Xbox users are getting victimized than other platform players. So, if you’re also one of them, check out how to fix Rocket League Not Launching Issue in PC/Xbox.
It’s also worth mentioning that all the affected Rocket League players should check the game’s system requirements. Sometimes the higher requirements of the game can also cause issues with the game launching or gameplay. There are some of the possible workarounds mentioned below that should work for you most of the time. So, let’s get into it.
How to Fix Rocket League Not Launching Issue in PC/Xbox
- First of all, make sure to run the Rocket League game as an administrator on your PC. If you’re playing the game via Steam then you should also run the Steam client (exe) as an administrator. Just right-click on the Rocket League or Steam executable file and click on Run as administrator > If prompted by UAC, click on Yes and proceed.
- Additionally, you can also allow the administrator access to the game and Steam client permanently. To do this, right-click on the Rocket League or Steam executable file > Click on Properties > Go to Compatibility > Choose “Run this program as an administrator” > Click on Apply/OK to save changes.
- Meanwhile, you should also verify the Rocket League game files on the Steam client whether any of the game files are missing or corrupted or not. To do that, launch the Steam client > Go to the game Library > Right-click on the Rocket League game > Select Properties > Click on Local Files > Choose Verify Integrity of the game files > Wait for the process to complete and it will automatically fix all the possible issues with the game files.
- Make sure whether the Windows OS and graphics drivers are up-to-date or not. If not then update both of them one by one and then fully restart your computer.
- Try to check for the available Rocket League game updates as well as the Steam client updates. If there is any pending update available, ensure to install the update properly.
- Ensure to disable all the unnecessary overlay applications like Steam overlay, Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay, Discord overlay, Xbox Game Bar, etc.
- Also, try to end all the high background running tasks from the Task Manager > Processes. It can also be one of the main reasons.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus program on your PC and Windows Firewall protection while playing the Rocket League game.
- Meanwhile, you can also delete the d3d9.dll file from the game’s installation folder. Head over to the Steam client > Right-click on the Rocket League game from Library > Go to Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files > Open Binaries folder > Win 32 folder > Locate d3d9.dll file and delete it completely > Now, run Rocket League again.
- However, if none of the mentioned methods worked for you, try to uninstall and re-install the Rocket League game properly.
How to Fix Rocket League Duplicate Login Detected Error
Fix: Rocket League Not Loading or Not Working On Nintendo Switch
Fix: Rocket League Version Mismatch Error
Rocket League Fix: Unable To Contact Matchmaking Server Error 68
Fix: Rocket League Sideswipe: Reconnecting to Online Match – Request Timed Out Error
Fix: There Was A Problem Validating Your EA Play Subscriptions Status on Xbox Console
How to Play Rocket League on Steam Deck
Best Cool Xbox Gamertags Ideas (2023)
Rocket League 2 Release Date: PS4, PS5, Xbox, PC, Switch
Fix: Xbox Gaming Services Required Error
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.