Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus (Codenamed j4primelte, SM-J415X) has launched in September 2018. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and was later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Today you can install the AOSP Android 10 Custom GSI build for the Galaxy J4 Plus. Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson for making this possible.
Well, GSI stands for Generic System image which is a “pure Android” implementation with unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code, runnable on a variety of Android devices that has treble support. Google rolled Android 10, the 10th iteration of Android OS with the codename Q. It will be supported by most of the devices that came out in 2019 and 18. Even if your device is not officially supported, then you may try the Android 10 GSI build on your device.
Here in this guide, we will explain how to download and install Android 10 GSI builds on Galaxy J4 Plus (j4primelte). We have provided the complete instruction and step-by-step guide to install the GSI custom build on Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus. The steps are simple and easy to follow.
Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus Specifications:
Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus sports a 6.0 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1480 pixels. It is powered by a 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 Quad-core Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425. The device packs 32 internal storage and 2GB of RAM. There is no expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera of 13 MP with an aperture of f/1.9 and a 5 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus runs Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box and is backed by a 3300 mAh battery. The handset has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for an improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via the Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install Android 10 ROM on Galaxy J4 Plus
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at the requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
- Android 10 GSI | Download [A system only with Arm64] – Download Gapps version
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
- Fastboot Method: Download ADB and Fastboot tool
- TWRP Method: Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy J4 Plus
Watch The Video on What’s New on Android 10Video Guide for AOSP Android 10 Installation
Instructions to Install:Guide to install Generic System image (GSI) on your Android device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus (j4primelte) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
Source: Github| Credits to phhusson
If you find any problem with the latest build of Android 10 GSI, then you can report it on the official GitHub page: Click Here