This year Samsung Galaxy A70s comes with much powerful hardware specifications with some improved features under 30K price range in India. The handset seems to be good enough to offer better performance and camera quality according to its configuration. If you’re using the Samsung Galaxy A70s device and want to enable root access on it, check out this full guide properly. Here we have shared the full-depth guide on How to root Galaxy A70s using Magisk without TWRP.
If you’re interested in enabling the root access on your Samsung Galaxy A70s device, the bootloader of your device should be unlocked first. Rooting a smartphone is a process that allows the user to gain root access to the Android OS easily. It gives you the superuser access to edit/modify/delete the software code on the device. Additionally, a rooted device user can also install most of the third-party software as well. Here we have provided all the requirements, download links, and flashing steps below. Whereas, you have to download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it.
Table of Contents
- 1 Smartphone Rooting
- 2 Advantages of Rooting
- 3 Steps to Root Galaxy A70s using Magisk
- 4 Steps to Create a Patched boot image using Magisk Manager
- 5 Steps to Install the Patched Boot Image tar file on Galaxy A70s
- 6 Instructions to Root Galaxy A70s Using Magisk
Rooting your smartphone or a tablet device can provide you a superuser or administrator access on your system root directory files and apps easily. Therefore, you can easily customize or tweak the system root directory files or apps as well.
It’s worth mentioning that the smartphone OEMs don’t provide any extra customizations or the root access or bootloader unlocking. If you’re using a smartphone and running any Custom ROM on your device, the rooting will come in handy for you. You can easily tweak your device root files and system apps which isn’t possible without rooting. Though, any improper way of rooting or flashing any unsupported file may brick your device easily.
Advantages of Rooting
- Can edit or modify or delete root directory files in the internal storage.
- Increase the device performance by overclocking.
- Reduce battery draining issues.
- Support to install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module.
- Hibernate background running apps.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Samsung Galaxy A70s.
- Block most of the Ads on any application and system.
Steps to Root Galaxy A70s using Magisk
Make sure to unlock the device bootloader at first before going to the rooting process. Next, you can continue with the following steps.
- Rooting may void the warranty of your phone [Check with your device manufacturer at first]
- Rooting may block the official OTA updates
Download Samsung Galaxy A70s Stock ROM
Once you’ve downloaded the latest stock firmware, you can extract the boot.img file to patch it via the Magisk Manager app.Guide to Extract Boot Image File and rename to .tar file
Steps to Create a Patched boot image using Magisk Manager
- First, Download and Install the latest Magisk Manager app.
- Then, connect your device to the PC via the USB cable.
- Copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Next, open the Magisk Manager app and select Install and choose to Install it again.
- Tap on the “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Head over to the internal storage on your device and select the boot image file that you transferred earlier.
- Now, wait for Magisk to start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now, follow the final step to flash the patched boot image file.
- Odin flash tool accepts files in .tar format. (archive it to .tar format via 7Zip. You can rename the file as boot.img.tar as shown in the screenshot below.
Steps to Install the Patched Boot Image tar file on Galaxy A70s
Now, you have to follow the second method to install the patched boot image file on your Galaxy A70s device. Before going to the installation method, let’s take a look at the requirements at first.
- This guide is for the Samsung Galaxy A70s model only.
- Keep your device fully charged.
- Take a full backup without any Root of your device data.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- ODIN Flash Tool – download and install it on your computer.
- Copy the patched boot image file into the ADB & Fastboot directory.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
Instructions to Root Galaxy A70s Using Magisk
After following all the pre-requirements and unlocking the device bootloader, take a look at the rooting steps below.
- First of all, reboot your device into download mode.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable.
- Once you’re connected with the computer, open the downloaded ODIN.exe file.
- When you connect the USB cable, you will see a blue sign in Odin flash tool.
- Now, load the patched boot.tar file in the AP section.
- Head over to the Options and check the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time to select. Don’t select re-partition.
- Next, tap on the Start button to root your device.
- Once the process is done, your device will reboot automatically.
- Wait for a few minutes as the first boot will take some time.
- That’s it.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy A70s device by using Magisk. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.