Infinix; the Shenzhen based manufacturer is quite known for its budget smartphones. The company has launched its latest budget smartphone i.e., the Infinix Note 7 in April 2020. It features a 6.5 inch IPS LCD display, MT6762 Helio P22 SoC, 4,000 mAh battery, 64 GB storage, 4GB RAM, and Android 10. In this guide, we will tell you how to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Note 7.
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for Infinix Note 7 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On Infinix Note 7, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Infinix Note 7 Device Overview
The Infinix Note 7 features a massive 6.95 inch IPS LCD display with an HD+ resolution. This means that it has a resolution of 720 x 1640 pixels. The display comes with a screen to body ratio of 83.7 percent, an aspect ratio of 20:5:9, a pixel density of 258 PPI, and it can blow up to 480 nits. Underneath the Infinix Note 7, it sports the MediaTek Helio G70 SoC.
This SoC is built on the 12nm process, and the octa-core setup includes two Cortex A73 cores clocked at 2.0GHz and the other six Cortex A55 cores, which are clocked at 1.7GHz. To the GPU side, it sports the Mali G52 2EEMC2 GPU. The smartphone runs on their custom UI XOS 6.0, which is based on Android 10. Coming to the memory side, it is available with 4, and 6GB of RAM. On the other side, it sports 64, and 128GB of eMMC 5.1 internal storage. Further, this can be expanded via a micro SD card up to 2TB.
Coming to the optics, the Infinix Note 7 comes with the triple rear camera setup, and while it has a quad rear camera setup for the 6/128GB variant. This rear camera setup includes a primary 48MP sensor with an aperture value of f/1.79. There is a 2MP secondary depth sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4 and a tertiary 2MP macro sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. For the 6/128GB variant, there is a quad sensor of 2MP, which is a dedicated video sensor. The rear camera also comes with support for a Quad-LED flash and can also shoot pictures in HDR. To the front, the device comes with a 16MP sensor with an aperture value of f/2.0.
The Infinix Note 7 packs a massive 5,000 mAh battery that comes with support for 18W fast charging tech. The device is available in three color options, namely the Forest Green, Aether Black, and Bolivia Blue. The smartphone has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and also support for face unlock. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE. GPS with A-GPS, FM radio, and micro USB 2.0. The brand didn’t reveal which version of Gorilla Glass they are using.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Infinix Note 7
Before you unlock the bootloader on Infinix Note 7, make sure that you have the right tool for the process. Basically, we will need the Mi Flash Unlock Tool and the latest USB driver for the device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before unlocking the bootloader
- A PC and a USB cable to connect the phone to the system
- Always remember to take the backup of your device data.
Instructions to install
- You need to enable the developer option to activate OEM unlock and USB Debugging
- To enable the developer option, Go to your Settings -> About phone -> Now tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “You are now a developer!“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboots into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers correctly installed.
- Now enter the command given below to verify whether your device is been connected properly to PC.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up, you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed, this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. To keep the setup, you must fix your drivers to list your device under fastboot devices.
- If the phone is recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone.
fastboot flashing unlock
- Notably, if this command does not work you can try to use the below command:
fastboot oem unlock
- You will get a confirmation on your Android device’s screen, Navigate to yes and hit the Power button to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your smartphone will automatically reboot into bootloader mode.
- Now again you can enter the command to reboot your device to the system
- Your Android device will now reboot and during this, all data will be erased.
- That’s It!
That’s all you have to do to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Note 7. Now, your phone is ready for all kinds of customization like rooting and you can use custom ROMs as well.