Here in this guide, we will share with you an in-depth guide to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z6 Pro via ADB Fastboot. Similar to the Android smartphones, Lenovo Z6 Pro handset also comes with a locked bootloader. The handset runs on ZUI 11 custom skin out-of-the-box. Therefore, it can be unlocked easily with a few steps which are mentioned below.
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and important step in the Android rooting process.
Table of Contents
Lenovo Z6 Pro Specifications: Overview
Lenovo Z6 Pro was launched in April 2019 and comes with a 6.39-inch display. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. The dual Nano-SIM device runs ZUI 11 based on Android 9 Pie.
The smartphone packs a 4,000 mAh battery with proprietary fast charging. The Lenovo Z6 Pro includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C, 4G LTE, etc. The Lenovo Z6 Pro supports face unlock and an in-display fingerprint sensor as well. All other major sensors are available in this device.
Lenovo Z6 Pro sports a 48MP primary camera (f/1.8), a secondary 16MP, a third 8MP, and a fourth 2MP rear camera setup. While the front features a 32MP selfie camera.
Unlock Bootloader: Overview
The Bootloader is a program that starts whenever a device is powered on to activate the right operating system. It packages the instructions to boot the OS from the kernel. Like a smartphone, tablet, or PC, etc.
A Locked or Unlocked Bootloader is what gives you access to root a device easily. If you root your device, it means you have superuser or administrator access to the operating system that runs on your phone. Therefore, you can change some of the system settings, manage customizations, tweaks, etc.
Unlocking your Android Device Bootloader may get security issues. Android users often unlock their device bootloaders to root and install Custom ROMs. But it may void your device warranty sometimes. If your device bricked or stuck into bootloops, etc. For the same reason, Android doesn’t come rooted, smartphone OEMs also don’t want to unlock bootloader or root your device. It’s totally your choice and needs.
- To Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z6 Pro via ADB Fastboot, you need a laptop or PC.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- It’s highly recommended you to take a complete backup of your device internal data. All of your device data will delete.
- You need a USB cable to connect your device with PC.
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it.
- Download the Lenovo USB Drivers for your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z6 Pro via ADB Fastboot
- First, you need to enable the Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- In order to do this, go to your device Settings > About > Software Information > More > tap on the Build Number for 7 times to see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Now, go back to the main settings menu > search Developer Options > tap on it > turn on the OEM Unlock and USB Debugging settings.
- Download and extract the ADB Fastboot zip file on your PC.
- Now, connect your Lenovo phone to the computer via USB cable and install the Lenovo USB Drivers on your PC.
- Go to the zui unlock website and fill all the required information and click on the submit application button to apply for device-specific unlock.
- Now, wait for a while and you will get an email with a file then download that file and copy it in your ADB folder.
- Go to the installed ADB Fastboot folder and open a command prompt window by pressing Shift + Right Mouse button click in a blank area > click on Open Command Prompt here.
- Now, type the following command in the command prompt and press enter:
- This command will list the connected device serial number. If your phones serial number shows up there then you are good to go. (If not listed, then re-install the USB Driver and retry typing the above command)
- Now, if the phone is listed then proceed to the next step with the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash unlock (filename).img
- After that use the following command and hit enter:
fastboot oem unlock-go
- After the above command has finished executing, finally type and enter the following command:
- Now, your phone will reboot. Wait for a while and your device will boot into the system again.
- That’s it. Now, your device bootloader is free to use.
Hope this guide will be helpful to you. Feel free to write your comments in the below.