Android is the most popular and customizable operating system all over the world. We all know about the wide range of customizations and modification scopes are available in Android OS. You can easily install any custom recovery, custom ROM, and enable root access on your Android device as well. Now, if you’re using the Samsung Galaxy A50s device and want to install TWRP or any Custom ROM or want to root your handset, unlocking the phone bootloader is a must. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps on How to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A50s device easily.
The bootloader is a code that runs when we usually turn on our smartphones. This code initializes some hardware and then loads up the kernel and ramdisk to get into the boot process. So this process is known as Bootloader. Therefore the program loads and starts booting your device of an operating system. Unlocking the bootloader on a device offers a factory reset that erases all device settings, user data, third-party apps and internal data from the device as well. Therefore, you can easily install any custom recovery, root, or custom firmware on your Android handset.
Samsung Galaxy A50s Specifications: Overview
The handset comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ display that’s powered by Exynos 9611 chipset. It’s paired with 4GB/6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 1TB via a MicroSD card). The handset sports a 4000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support.
It runs on Android 9 Pie over Samsung’s One UI out-of-the-box. The Samsung Galaxy A50s has a triple rear 48MP + 8MP + 5MP camera setup along with an LED flash, PDAF, and more. On the front side, it features a 32MP selfie camera as well.
The device features Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack, etc. It has an under-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, a compass sensor, and a proximity sensor.
What is Bootloader Unlocking?
Usually, Bootloader Unlocking allows you to install Custom Firmware, Custom Mod Files, or install root on your Android phone. The smartphone manufacturers always shipped brand new devices with a locked bootloader. Unlocking the device bootloader may void its warranty. It also completely deletes the user data which are saved in the internal storage including call logs, messages, and phone contacts also.
Unlocking the bootloader is just turning off the system security which is the first step towards modifying and changing the system files and apps on your device. After the bootloader unlocking, the user can simply install Custom ROM and root according to their preference.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Galaxy A50s
As we already mentioned that bootloader unlocking is the first footstep of a ladder towards Android device customizations, modifications, and more. If you’re using an Android device for years then you should know what a rooted Android device can do along with any Custom Recovery installed like TWRP. Therefore, if you’re using the Samsung Galaxy A50s handset and you’re going to flash the Custom Firmware or Custom Recovery or flash root file, then you have to unlock the bootloader first. That’s a mandatory process and once you have unlocked it, you can perform so many tweaks and mods. Here we have provided the simple and easy method to unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy A50s. Check this guide completely.
Make sure to follow the requirements first before going to the process.
- This process is only for the Samsung Galaxy A50s model.
- Charge your phone at least up to 60%.
- Take a full backup of the phone data.
- You have to enable the Developer Options on your device.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable required.
- You will require to enter into the Samsung Download Mode.
- Go to the device Settings menu then head over to About phone and find the build number.
- Tap on the build number 6 times until you see a message “You’re now a developer”.
- Now, go back to the Settings main menu again and search for Developer options > enable OEM unlocking.
- Connect your device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Switch off your phone with the POWER + Volume DOWN button and directly hold the Volume UP + DOWN button together.
- Now, your Galaxy A50s device will boot into DOWNLOAD MODE.
- Long press the Volume UP button to unlock the device bootloader. This will wipe your internal data and automatically reboot your device.
- Set up your device and enable the Developer Options again.
- If you see that the OEM unlocking option is greyed out, that means you have unlocked your device bootloader.
By unlocking the device bootloader, you will be able to flash any custom file on your phone easily. It will be easy to install Custom Firmware or Root on your Galaxy A50s. If you’re an advanced user who prefers installing Custom ROM and mod files quite often, you have to unlock it first.
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on Galaxy A50s. Feel free to ask in the comments below.