On this page, we will guide you on how to install the official firmware flash file on your Huawei Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09, DUK-AL20. Well, the device runs out of the box with the Android 7.0 Nougat and is later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. It is powered by the Kirin 960 processor.
Honor 8 Pro features a 5.7-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. It is powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor clubbed with 4/6 GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage and can be expanded via a microSD card with up to 256GB. The Honor 8 Pro sports a 12MP rear-facing camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and an 8MP front shooter for selfies. The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box and is backed by a 4000mAh battery.
To install the firmware flash file on Huawei Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09, DUK-AL20, you need to download the software called the Huawei Flash tool. This method is simple and easy.
- Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
- Steps to Flash Firmware File on Huawei Honor 8 Pro
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of boot loop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform a system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Huawei Honor 8 Pro
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the Bootloop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Huawei Honor 8 Pro
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Huawei Honor 8 Pro
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
Steps to Flash Firmware File on Huawei Honor 8 Pro
Now, before we get straight to the installation guide, make sure to follow the prerequisites section below and make sure you download the flash tools and drivers on your PC.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Huawei Honor 8 Pro (DUK-L09, DUK-AL20). Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require to Download Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and install it.
Stock Firmware Information
- Device Supported: Huawei Honor 8 Pro
- Model: DUK-L09, DUK-AL20
- Android OS: 7.0 Nougat | Upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Kirin 960
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware for the Huawei Honor 8 Pro from the link below.
Download Flash Files
- Flash File Name: DUK-L09 18.104.22.168(C10E2R1P6T8) FIRMWARE 9.0.0 R3 EMUI9.1.0
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- File Size: 3.7 GB
- Download Link: Click Here
- Flash File Name: DUK-L09 DUK-AL10 DUK-AL20 DUK-AL30 DUK-TL30 DUKEAL20S003079 BOARD
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- File Size: 3.7 GB
- Download Link: Click Here
Upgrade using OTG Adapter or OTG Cable+USB Memory
- Download the dload firmware from the above link, extract it and copy the same to your USB memory stick. Make sure it is formatted as exFat or NTFS.
- Factory reset your device from the Settings option (optional). Once done, power it off.
- Now connect the memory stick using an OTG cable to your device. Make sure it has all the extracted files from the dload firmware.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates and shows the Huawei+Android logo, presses the Power button three times. Doing so will make your device reboot to eRecovery mode.
- In that menu, select Update Mode, then select the Memory card/OTG update mode. The update will now start.
So these were the steps to install the stock dload firmware on Huawei Honor 8 Pro using the memory stick. Let’s now have a look at how the same could be done via NM Card.
Install Dload Firmware using Huawei NM Card
- Extract the stock firmware and place the three extracted files on the Huawei NM Card.
- Factory reset your device (optional) and then power off your device.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates, it will show the Huawei+Android logo. In this instance, press the Power button 3 times. This takes you to the eRecovery mode.
- Select Update mode from the menu and select Memory Card/OTG Update mode. The update will then start.
However, if you wish to carry out the update from the system itself, then follow the instructions mentioned in the next section below.
Update from System
- Extract the dload stock firmware of Huawei Honor 8 Pro and transfer the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card or to the memory stick.
- Now head over to the dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#*. From the menu that appears, select the Software Update option.
- After that, select the Memory Card Upgrade. The system will now read files from the inserted SD card/USB storage or NM Card and will subsequently flash the file.
- When the installation is complete, you could safely remove the OTG.
If the above methods, don’t work on your device, you can try the next two methods.
SD Card Update Method
- Create a new folder called dload on your MicroSD card.
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip file on PC > Copy the UPDATE.APP file into the dload folder on your MicroSD card.
- Switch off your handset > Long-press Vol Up + Vol Down + Power key together for a few seconds until the fastboot mode appears.
- You’ll see ‘Installing system update’ > Wait for a while > Your device will automatically reboot after flashing.
Manually Flash Stock ROM
- First of all, Download and extract the Huawei smartphone Multi Download Tool on your computer.
- Now, Download and Install the Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and Huawei USB Driver your PC.
- Launch the QPBLFBML01.exe file to open the Huawei Multi-Download Tool.
- Next, you will see the XML firmware file upload option.
- Click on the Browse button (three-dot icon) and it will ask for the password.
- Don’t put anything, just leave it blank and click on the Set button.
- Now, select the .xml firmware file for your device and click on Open.
- Then click on the Next button.
- You will see the installation progress page. Connect your device via a USB cable with the Fastboot or Download Mode.
- Next, click on the Scan&Download button to start flashing the stock firmware.
- It will automatically detect the Fastboot device and will take some time to install it.
- Once flashing is done, restart your device.
So, that’s all about how to flash the firmware file on Huawei Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09, DUK-AL20. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubts, do let us know.
My Honor 8 Pro for India has build no DUK-LO9C675B140, Android 7, EMUI 5.1
Can you tell me tell me the build nos of latest Honor 8 Pro Stock ROM for both Oreo and Nougat variant.