Today we have the latest stock ROM flash file for the Huawei Mate 10 ALP-L29 based on Android 8.0 Oreo powered by Kirin 970 processor. To install the firmware flash file, we need software called Huawei Flash tool which can be helpful to flash the stock ROM on your device. The method is simple and easy.
This process is helpful if you have bricked your device, lag, or shuttering performance, to fix Bluetooth and WiFi issues, to unroot or bypass the FRP lock. So without further wasting our time, let’s understand what is stock firmware flash file is.
- Why We Need Stock Firmware?
- Steps to Flash Firmware File on Huawei Mate 10
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software-related issue on your Huawei Mate 10 ALP-L29. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods, or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using the Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Huawei Mate 10
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Huawei Mate 10
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped errors on Huawei Mate 10
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Huawei Mate 10
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore Huawei Mate 10 back to Factory State
Steps to Flash Firmware File on Huawei Mate 10
Now, before we get straight to the installation guide, make sure to follow the prerequisites section below and make sure you download the flash tools and drivers on your PC.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Huawei Mate 10 (ALP-L29). Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require to Download Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and install it.
Stock Firmware Information
- Device Supported: Huawei Mate 10
- Model: ALP-L29
- Android OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Processor: Kirin 970
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware for the Huawei Mate 10 from the link below.
Download Flash Files
- Flash File Name: ALP-L29 ALP-L29 18.104.22.168(C185)
- OS: Android 8.0
- File Size: 2 GB
- Download Link: Click Here
Upgrade using OTG Adapter or OTG Cable+USB Memory
- Download the dload firmware from the above link, extract it and copy the same to your USB memory stick. Make sure it is formatted as exFat or NTFS.
- Factory reset your device from the Settings option (optional). Once done, power it off.
- Now connect the memory stick using an OTG cable to your device. Make sure it has all the extracted files from the dload firmware.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates and shows the Huawei+Android logo, presses the Power button three times. Doing so will make your device reboot to eRecovery mode.
- In that menu, select Update Mode, then select the Memory card/OTG update mode. The update will now start.
So these were the steps to install the stock dload firmware on Huawei Mate 10 using the memory stick. Let’s now have a look at how the same could be done via NM Card.
Install Dload Firmware using Huawei NM Card
- Extract the stock firmware and place the three extracted files on the Huawei NM Card.
- Factory reset your device (optional) and then power off your device.
- Press the Power button and as it vibrates, it will show the Huawei+Android logo. In this instance, press the Power button 3 times. This takes you to the eRecovery mode.
- Select Update mode from the menu and select Memory Card/OTG Update mode. The update will then start.
However, if you wish to carry out the update from the system itself, then follow the instructions mentioned in the next section below.
Update from System
- Extract the dload stock firmware of Huawei Mate 10 and transfer the three extracted files to the Huawei NM Card or to the memory stick.
- Now head over to the dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#*. From the menu that appears, select the Software Update option.
- After that, select the Memory Card Upgrade. The system will now read files from the inserted SD card/USB storage or NM Card and will subsequently flash the file.
- When the installation is complete, you could safely remove the OTG.
If the above methods, don’t work on your device, you can try the next two methods.
SD Card Update Method
- Create a new folder called dload on your MicroSD card.
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip file on PC > Copy the UPDATE.APP file into the dload folder on your MicroSD card.
- Switch off your handset > Long-press Vol Up + Vol Down + Power key together for a few seconds until the fastboot mode appears.
- You’ll see ‘Installing system update’ > Wait for a while > Your device will automatically reboot after flashing.
Manually Flash Stock ROM
- First of all, Download and extract the Huawei smartphone Multi Download Tool on your computer.
- Now, Download and Install the Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and Huawei USB Driver your PC.
- Launch the QPBLFBML01.exe file to open the Huawei Multi-Download Tool.
- Next, you will see the XML firmware file upload option.
- Click on the Browse button (three-dot icon) and it will ask for the password.
- Don’t put anything, just leave it blank and click on the Set button.
- Now, select the .xml firmware file for your device and click on Open.
- Then click on the Next button.
- You will see the installation progress page. Connect your device via a USB cable with the Fastboot or Download Mode.
- Next, click on the Scan&Download button to start flashing the stock firmware.
- It will automatically detect the Fastboot device and will take some time to install it.
- Once flashing is done, restart your device.
So, that’s all about how to flash the firmware file on Huawei Mate 10 ALP-L29. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubts, do let us know.