Last Updated on May 01, 2018: Finally, Huawei released the official Android 8.0 Oreo update for Huawei Mate 9 Pro. The update is currently available as an OTA for devices running Stock ROM without Root. Now install Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo Update via our guide.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air), and it may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive the update. Like we said, The update is rolling in a phase-wise manner. You need to wait for the official roll out to upgrade Huawei Mate 9 Pro to Android 8.0 Oreo Update. The update brings the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update and features along with Emotion UI 8.0 for Huawei Mate 9 Pro.
Now you can install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei Mate 9 Pro. With this Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo Update, Huawei has added the latest feature from Android 8.0 Oreo such as refreshed UI and design, New app notifications, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Download And Install Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Here you can download and install Android 8.0 Oreo for Huawei Mate 9 Pro. The update has started rolling, more region will come soon. To check for the official OTA update, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
If you are still waiting for the Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei Mate 9 Pro. In case if you find the Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup before any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei Mate 9 Pro, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei Mate 9 Pro Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Googlestarted with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
- This Update is only for Huawei Mate 9 Pro users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Download List With Region
|Build Download||Build Number||Region|
|B368 – 22.214.171.1248||LON-L29C432B368||Europe|
|B354 – 126.96.36.1994||LON-AL00C00B354||China|
|B366 – 188.8.131.526||LON-L29C432B366||Europe|
|B370 [184.108.40.2060]||LON-L29C185B370||Middle East|
Full Guide To Install Firmware On Huawei P9