Infinix devices are quite affordable and come with the MediaTek processor lineup. Suppose you’re one of the Infinix smartphone users and want to flash the stock firmware (Stock ROM) on your handset. In that case, you can easily do this by following the Infinix Firmware Flash Guide here and we’ll also share with you How to ByPass MediaTek Protection Easily. It may be possible that somehow your device isn’t running well.
Sometimes the software may become laggy or your device may be stuck in the bootloop issue or get bricked, unfortunately, during rooting/installing the custom firmware, etc. In addition, some users also experience issues with the FRP or pattern lock. In all of these scenarios, there is only one thing that you can do quite easily is flash the stock firmware on the device, and it should start running well.
What is a Stock ROM?
Stock ROMs do come with smartphones and tablet devices by default from the manufacturers. Every device does come with individual stock firmware that the manufacturer has designed for the particular model only. So, it’s always better to use the stock firmware for better stability, performance, optimizations, and software updates.
Although the stock ROM comes with a couple of limitations so that users can’t change the subsystem elements on the device or customize from the root level normally. Whereas the bootloader also comes locked with the stock firmware. So, all the interested users have to unlock the bootloader first and then they can jump into the world of Android customization.
Advantages of Stock ROM
- Flashing the Stock ROM can easily unbrick the handset.
- Fix or repair IMEI on the handset using DB files.
- Uninstall third-party malware or adware apps/files.
- Fix the bootloop issue.
- Resolve the FRP lock and pattern lock issue.
- Fix Networking-related issues.
- Unroot your device.
- Restore the factory default state on the handset.
- Improve battery backup or slow charging or overheating issues.
- Get back the manufacturer’s warranty status (if any).
- Improves performance, lags, app compatibility issues, etc.
- Get official software OTA updates (if applicable).
How to Install Infinix Firmware Flash File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Infinix handset, make sure to follow all the requirements and downloads for a successful flashing process.
- Make sure that this guide is only for Infinix smartphones.
- You’ll have to download the stock firmware file according to the specific model.
- Charge your device at least up to 50% or higher.
- You’ll need a Desktop/Laptop and a USB cable to connect the device to the PC.
- Create a complete data backup of your device.
- Infinix Stock ROM File – Download [Search for the firmware for your Infinix model]
- Get MediaTek VCOM drivers | SP Flash Tool | Infinix USB Drivers
- Download Python
- MTK Bypass Utility Tool
- Payloads (Exploits collection)
- LibUSB Driver
Instructions to Install
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
Disclaimer: GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Follow all the steps properly and do it at your own risk.
- First of all, make sure to download and install Python on your computer from the link above.
- Double-click on the installer exe file > Select the Add Python x.x to PATH checkbox from the setup interface.
- Then click on Install Now to start the installation process. [You can select ‘Customize installation’ if you want]
- Once installed, head over to the next step.
- We assume you’ve downloaded the MTK Bypass Utility Tool from the link above.
- Now, extract the MTK Bypass Utility Tool (zip) file inside a folder on the desktop using WinRar or 7Zip.
- You’ll need to download the Payloads Exploit collection file on the computer from the link above.
- Next, extract the exploits file on the desktop > Open the extracted exploits folder and copy/paste all files to the extracted Bypass utility folder.
- If prompts, make sure to click on Replace the files in the destination to ensure everything is copied properly.
- Then make sure to download and install the LibUSB-Win32 drivers on your PC from the link given above.
- Open the LibUSB driver installer and run it by following the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once done, click on Launch to open the LibUSB-Win32 Filter Installer interface > Select Install a device filter and click on Next.
- Now, switch off your Infinix handset > Press and hold the Volume Up button and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
- Once the device is connected to the PC properly, you’ll see the MediaTek USB Port option on the filter interface box.
- Just click on the MediaTek USB Port option and click on Install > Click on OK and close the window.
- Now, open the extracted MTK Bypass Utility folder from the desktop screen.
- Press the Shift key and right-click on the blank area inside the folder to open the context menu.
- Next, click on the Open PowerShell window here from the list to launch the command prompt window.
- Then copy/paste the following command line inside the command prompt window and hit Enter to install Python dependencies on your computer:
pip install pyusb pyserial json5
- Now, copy/paste the following command line and hit Enter to execute it:
- This time you’ll see the ‘waiting for device’ screen on the command prompt > You’ll have to connect your Infinix device once again by long-pressing the Volume Up button while connecting the USB cable.
- Once your device is successfully connected to the computer, it’ll disable the protection from the handset. You can see that on the command prompt window.
- Now, make sure you’ve downloaded and installed the SP Flash Tool on the PC.
- So, launch the SP Flash Tool > Load the Scatter Text File from the downloaded stock firmware for your specific Infinix model.
- Once loaded, make sure to uncheck the tkv and trans files from the list of checkboxes.
- Head over to the Options tab from the top of the interface > Click on Options again.
- Click on Connection from the left pane > Next, click on UART to select it.
- Make sure to select the same connected COM Port number. (That’s important)
- To verify it, press the Windows + X keys and click on Device Manager > Double-click on Ports (COM & LPT).
- Here you’ll find out MediaTek USB Port (COMx) so that you can ensure whether you’ve selected the right COM port number or not.
- Then select 921600 from the Baud rate option.
- Once done, close the Options menu and go back to the main interface of the SP Flash Tool.
- Click on Download to start the firmware installation process > Wait for a couple of minutes until the flashing process is completed.
- Once you receive the ‘Success’ or ‘Download OK’ popup on the screen, that means you’ve successfully installed the stock firmware on your Infinix MediaTek device.
- Close all the programs and windows on the computer > Disconnect the Infinix handset from the USB cable.
- Finally, restart your Infinix smartphone and wait for the system to boot for the first time.
- Go through the initial setup process and enjoy!
You can also check out our video tutorial guide if you want.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.