On this page, you will find all the latest stock firmware updates for the device, LG V20. If you want to install the firmware flash file manually, this guide is for you.
Today flashing the software on your device is easy. To flash, you need a computer with ODIN software installed on it. You can use the ODIN software to downgrade or upgrade your LG V20 easily without any expert help. Always make sure you read the guide properly to flash the firmware file on your LG V20.
LG V20 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in September 2016. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. It runs on a 1.6 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box and later upgraded to Nougat OS. This device packs 32 GB of expandable internal storage. LG V20 brings a dual 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
Stock Firmware Advantages
- Easily unbrick your LG V20
- Fix the boot loop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade the software version
- Easily unroot your phone
- Fix the system lag or bug on LG V20
- Get back the device warranty (if applicable)
- Remove FRP Lock and Bypass Pattern Lock.
Steps to Install LG V20 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
Here in this guide, we will share the easy method to flash the KDZ file on your LG V20 handset using the LG Flash Tool. Before heading over to the flashing guide below, make sure to follow all the requirements properly. Also, ensure to download all the necessary stuff from the links below.
As usual, here we’ve shared a couple of necessary pre-requisites to read and follow properly before jumping over to the firmware flashing steps. These pre-requirements are useful to get things ready, which will gonna be useful while flashing.
1. Firmware Compatibility
It’s worth mentioning that this particular firmware file that we’ve provided will gonna only work for your LG V20 model. Don’t try flashing the firmware on other LG models to avoid any kind of bricking or stuck in the boot loop issue.
2. Take a Full Backup
Make sure to take a full data backup of your device before doing anything, especially firmware flashing. Sometimes flashing a ROM can delete the internal data, or even your data can be messed up during flashing. So, to keep things simple and save your data better, just follow this backup method (without root). Alternatively, if you’ve already installed a custom recovery like TWRP on your handset, then you can also take a Nandroid Backup by following this method.
3. Maintain Battery Charge
It’s always recommended to check whether your handset is fully charged or not. Even if it’s not fully charged, just make sure to maintain at least a 50%-60% charge level before performing any task to avoid occasional shutdowns or battery juice run-out issues.
4. Get Ready a Computer and a USB Cable
Before flashing the firmware file on your handset using a flash tool, you’ll require a PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable to connect your handset to the PC. Once connected, you can flash the downloaded firmware on your device via the flash tool.
5. Download Flash Tool and Drivers:
GetDroidTips won’t be held responsible for any issue on your phone by following this guide. Make sure what you’re doing and proceed at your own risk. Additionally, make sure to download all the required flash files on your PC before you try this guide.
Download Flash Files:
|November 2018 Patch [8.0 Oreo]
|May 2018 Patch
|May 2018 Patch
|April 2018 Patch
|March 2018 Patch
|March 2018 Patch
|January 2018 Patch
|July 2017 Security
|November 2017 Security
|August 2017 Security
|May 2017 Security
|April 2017 Security
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download all the files like KDZ Firmware, LG Drivers, and LG UP’s latest version.
- Install LG UP Exe file on your computer.
- Now make sure to install the drivers if your phone does not detect them in your PC/Laptop.
- Now turn your phone off and then Hold the Volume UP key for few seconds.
- While holding Volume Up key, connect your phone to the PC using a USB Cable (Don’t leave volume key while connecting)
- Release the Volume UP key as soon as the phone goes into Download Mode.
- Open LG UP software on your PC and Select Upgrade
- Now in the Select Path, Select your KDZ file from your downloaded folder.
- Once it is loaded, click the start button down below and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once it is completed, your phone will reboot automatically. Booting may take time. So wait patiently to complete the first booting process.
So, that’s it. You have successfully installed stock ROM on LG V20.
Follow GetDroidTips to get working stock ROM and an illustrative tutorial to flash it on your required Android smartphone.