Intellaptopgaming.dll Missing or Not Found Error issue is common among PC gamers, especially among those who pirate the game. But mostly, one can solve this issue by reinstalling the game or updating the drivers. DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library files that are stored commonly in the system directory and used by many programs.
DLL missing issues are very common and one such issue is the intellaptopgaming.dll missing or not found. So this issue occurs when a program or game tries to find the intellaptopgaming.dll file in the system folder and gives this error when there are no files. Common reasons are your antivirus program removing this file, thinking that it could be a virus. But most of the time, it is false, and the DLL file brings no harm to your PC.
Fix: intellaptopgaming.dll Missing or Not Found Error
DLL are important link files associated with your system or software files. Here are some methods by which you can fix this issue.
Method 1: Update or reinstall the game
This is the common fix for the issue. The DLL file is a part of the game that you want to run. So this error might happen when you installed the game when any third-party software or antivirus was running. So when you reinstall, try disabling those programs.
- Open Run box by pressing Windows key + R.
- Type in appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
- Search for the game that you recently installed.
- Click on uninstall and remove the game.
- Open your antivirus tool and disable it. (Google how to disable your specific antivirus tool to get exact steps)
- Now open the game files or CD and reinstall the game.
- Once done, restart the game and see.
Finally, add the program folder into the exclusion list of your antivirus tool so that the files won’t be deleted again. After adding it to the exclusion list, you can turn your antivirus program ON
Method 2: Reinstall or Update Intel drivers
Another fix that some people found helpful was to reinstall and update all drivers for your PC, especially if you are trying run the game on Intel HD Graphics.
- Go to the Intel download centre by clicking here.
- Enter your CPU name and search for Graphics drivers and download them.
- Once the download is complete, double click on it and complete the installation.
- Reboot your PC and check if the issue is solved.
Method 3: Manually download and place the intellaptopgaming.dll file
This step will be helpful when exactly one DLL file got deleted or removed by the antivirus tool. So you can simply download the DLL file and place it into the system directory to fix this issue.
- Download the DLL file from here.
- Extract the contents of the zip files and go to the files.
- Copy the files and paste them into the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- Finally, launch the game and see if the issue persists.
So as you can see, fixing the intellaptopgaming.dll missing issue is very simple. Next time before installing any games, disable the antivirus tool to avoid these errors. Alternatively, try to get games from reputed stores like Steam, UPlay to avoid these errors. These tools offer file checking, which ensures no files have been tampered with or corrupted. When you complete installation, don’t forget to re-enable your antivirus and add the game folder into the exclusion list to avoid further deletion.