Two weeks ago, an Apple event was held on the 7th of September 2022. We witnessed the launch of the new iPhone 14 Pro with other products such as the AirPods Pro, the Apple Watch Ultra, and so on. During the reveal of the iPhone 14 Pro Max, we saw a feature has never seen before in any other smartphone, known as the ‘Dynamic Island’. Since its launch, Android fans are getting crazy over this feature and want to know how to install iPhone 14 Pro’s dynamic island on Android smartphones.
Dynamic Island feature is a new way to display contextual information, and Apple’s software uses digital black bars around the cut-out to make it appear to morph in size. Apple got creative with the notch they included on the new iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max. This feature is somewhat available on Android devices with the help of an app named Dynamic Island for Android.
Using Dynamic Island for Android app, one can replicate the features of the iPhone 14 Pro’s Dynamic Island with one’s Android device. The application does not offer many features like Apple’s implementation, as the app is still in development and will include more features with more updates. We shall explain how to replicate the Dynamic Island feature from Apple into any smartphone device using the application. It is very simple and makes using Android more fun than ever.
What is Dynamic Island on the iPhone?
As explained earlier in the introduction part of this article, ‘Dynamic Islan’ is a new feature. It is a way to display contextual information with the help of a notch thus making it look fluid. Information such as charging, notifications, songs, and AirPods status will be displayed using this feature. It is exclusively available only to the iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max only as of now.
How to Install iPhone 14 Pro’s Dynamic Island on Android
It is possible to replicate Dynamic Island on Android devices with limited features compared to that of the iPhone 14 Pro as of now. Users have to download an APK file named ‘Dynamic Island for Android’ which lets us replicate the feature with the help of some permissions enabled.
We will now demonstrate the steps on how to download this application with the Android device ‘OnePlus 8T’. The same steps must be followed on any Android device
- Click on this link to download the software.
- Install the application by pressing the ‘Install’ button as shown in the picture.
- Open the application from the home screen once it has been installed successfully.
- The user is greeted with the following screen.
How to use Dynamic Island on Android
The application is safe to use and does not contain any sort of malware that might put your device in danger.
Here are the steps to use the application and enable the features it supports as of now –
- The first and foremost permission to be enabled is the Floating Window Permission. Select the first box from the three boxes that are highlighted yellow with a white background.
- Pressing on this button opens a new settings menu. Select the Dynamic Island app –> Choose to allow to save the changes.
- The second option is the Accessibility option. Clicking on this opens a menu that does not seem to be user-friendly. Instead, just ignore all the settings and look for a more option that has the app’s name right under it.
- Select the app’s name –> Slide the Dynamic Island button to the right and also the Shortcut button to the right.
- The last option is Bluetooth permission. Selecting this directly brings a popup where the user has to select Allow. It saves the changes as well.
- Finally, we must turn on the feature by pressing the ‘Feature is not turned on’ button.
Use Dynamic Island Features on Android
Since we have set up the application successfully. We should now be able to test out all the features it has to offer us. Let us follow these methods to make sure the app is working as it is intended to do so –
Connect your Android device for charging. It will bring up a pop-up indicating that the device is charging.
Connect your Bluetooth earphones for the pop-up to indicate the connected device.
The application is not working, what should I do next
There might be a few reasons why the application might not be working as intended.
- The user has not enabled all the permissions correctly. We suggest you read the article again and follow each and every step.
- Your device might be too old and might not be supported by the application’s standards.
- The app is bugged, and a simple reinstall of the application might fix the issue.
- Reboot your Android device to fix any background applications causing the issue.
This brings us to the end of this guide to install iPhone 14 Pro’s dynamic island on your Android device. Please note that the app is still in the development phase and might not work for all devices. Currently, we have tested it on Samsung, Xiaomi, Panasonic, Realme, Oppo, Vivo, OnepLus, and Sony devices. If you have any questions about the dynamic island app, you may comment down below.
Is supper appa
I want to try it.