Back in 2016, LG has launched an entry-level budget segment smartphone called LG X Max. Although the K240F variant is for South America and the K240H variant is for the North America region, the specification is the same. The handset came with a quad-core processor and Android Marshmallow out of the box which becomes quite outdated right now. So, some of the users may find it difficult to continue using the LG X Max due to slow performance. If you’re also one of them, follow the steps to install LG X Max K240F / K240H Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File).
Android is known for its customizations and plenty of users want to customize their Android devices either by flashing a custom firmware or rooting or installing mod files, etc. However, it can possible that your device may get bricked or stuck in the bootloop issue for some unfortunate reasons. If that’s the situation for you, try simply flashing the official stock firmware and you’ll be good to go.
Alternatively, it can also possible that you’re still running the outdated stock firmware on your handset which may starts lagging, stuttering, slow in the performance, battery draining, etc. It’s quite obvious for an older device with outdated software. So, in this scenario, you should also install the Stock ROM to fix multiple common issues. So, before heading over to the guide, let’s take a quick look at the device specs below.
LG X Max Specifications
The LG X Max came with a 5.5-inches IPS LCD display having 720×1280 pixels resolution. It has a 16:9 aspect ratio screen, a quad-core MediaTek MT6735 SoC, Mali-T720MP2 GPU, etc. The device packs a single 1.5GB of RAM variant with a 16GB internal storage option. There is a MicroSD card slot available for storage expansion.
It sports a single 13MP primary rear camera with an LED flash, AutoFocus, HDR, etc. Whereas the front packs a 5MP selfie camera. LG X Max has Bluetooth 4.2, a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0 port, etc.
Additionally, the device features a couple of major sensors like an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, compass. While it’s backed by a 2,800mAh removable battery with no fast charging support.
Steps to Install LG X Max K240F / K240H Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
Here in this guide, we will be sharing the easy method to flash the KDZ file on your LG X Max K240F / K240H handset by using the LG Flash Tool. Before heading over to the flashing guide below, make sure to follow all the requirements properly. Also, ensure to download all the necessary stuff from the links below.
As usual, here we’ve shared a couple of necessary pre-requisites to read and follow properly before jumping over to the firmware flashing steps. These pre-requirements are useful to get things ready which will gonna be useful while flashing.
1. Firmware Compatibility:
It’s worth mentioning that this particular firmware file that we’ve provided will gonna only work for your LG X Max K240F / K240H model. Don’t try flashing the firmware on other LG models to avoid any kind of bricking or stuck in the boot loop issue.
2. Take a Full Backup
Make sure to take a full data backup of your device before doing anything especially firmware flashing. Sometimes flashing a ROM can delete the internal data or even your data can be messed up during flashing. So, to keep things simple and save your data better, just follow this backup method (without root). Alternatively, if you’ve already installed a custom recovery like TWRP on your handset then you can also take a Nandroid Backup by following this method.
3. Maintain Battery Charge
It’s always recommended to check whether your handset is fully charged or not. Even if it’s not fully charged, just make sure to maintain at least a 50%-60% charge level before performing any task to avoid occasional shutdowns or battery juice run out issues.
4. Get Ready a Computer and a USB Cable
Before flashing the firmware file on your handset using a flash tool, you’ll require a PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable to connect your handset to the PC. Once connected, you can flash the downloaded firmware on your device via the flash tool.
5. Download Flash Tool and Drivers:
Additionally, make sure to download all the required flash files on your PC before you try this guide.
Download Flash Files:
Firmware Installation Guide:
Without further ado, let’s get into the firmware installation process below.
- We assume that you’ve already installed both the LG USB Driver and LG Flash Tool on your PC. [If not done yet, do this first]
- Next, boot your LG handset in the Download Mode. Just press and hold the Volume Up button of the phone > Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable (Don’t release the volume up button)
- Once connected, you can release the power button.
- Now, open the LGFlashTool.exe file > The flash tool interface will appear.
- Choose CDMA from the Select Type drop-down list.
- Then click on the Select File (folder icon) to browse and choose the firmware file for your LG model.
- So, choose the KDZ firmware file and click on Open.
- Now, click on the Normal Flash option below.
- The Read Phone Information window will appear.
- Just click on the START button.
- Next, you’ll have to choose the language and country from the Select Country & Language pop-up.
- Once done, click on OK to begin the firmware flashing process.
- It generally takes a couple of minutes to complete the flashing process depending on the firmware file size.
- Once the flashing is done, your handset will restart automatically.
- Again booting your device for the first time after firmware flashing can take a couple of minutes.
- Once your mobile turned on, just disconnect the USB cable from the handset.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide pretty helpful. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.