Finally, after a delay of over 1 year, Android 9.0 Pie is rolling out for LG X5 2018. Currently, three variants of the device are receiving the Pie system update in Korea. These are LMX510K, LMX510L, and LMX510S. In this guide, we will tell you how to LG X5 2018 Android 9 Pie update instantly. Obviously, the update has been pushed by the OEM over-the-air but it will move in phases. So, users in various regions have to wait with patience for the update to hit their devices. We know often users cannot wait to try out a new operating system on their devices. So, they can manually upgrade their device to Android Pie without having to wait for the automatic OTA update.
So, we have put up the kdz firmware file for all the three above-mentioned LG X5 2018 models which are receiving the Android 9.0 Pie update. Along with that, we have also put up the installation guide that will help you flash the kdz firmware file and install the new system update on your respective devices. So, read on to know more about it.
What does Android 9.0 Pie Update packs.?
Here are some of the features which Android 9.0 Pie brings with it.
- The new gesture-based navigation system
- Revamped Quick Settings UI design
- Redesigned volume slider
- Advanced Battery with AI Support
- Notch Support
- Improved Adaptive Brightness
- Manual theme selection
- Android Dashboard aka the Google Digital Wellbeing for monitoring use of smartphone
Instructions to Upgrade LG X5 2018
- Go to Settings on your device> tap General > About phone.
- Now hit Update Center.
- Then tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
Now, your device will check for the latest system update and you will be notified of the same if it is available. Download it using a Wi-Fi as the system updates are of huge file sizes.
Download LG X5 Android 9.0 Pie Update
Here is the firmware download link for the various models of LG X5 2018 under various carriers that are eligible to receive Android 9.0 Pie. As per your respective device, download and install the firmware.
How to Install LG X5 2018 Android 9 Pie update
Make sure to download the correct firmware, device drivers, flash tools which are mandatory for the installation process to be successful. We have listed all the important tools below for your convenience. So, grab them before you install a new update.
- This is for Model: LG X5 2018
- Make sure you download the correct firmware as per your device’s requirement.
- Do not try to install the firmware provided for the LG X5 on any other LG devices. It may result in a brick.
- Your device must have a sufficient battery charge(50% to 70% recommended).
- Take a Complete back-Up of your Data before installing the new update.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers
- Download LG Bridge software.
- Install LG FlashTool and LG UP
- Now follow the steps to install LG firmware on any LG phones.
Installation InstructionsHow to install latest stock ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie on any LG device
Though, the update is over 1 year late to arrive for the device, like they say, better late than never. So, make sure to download and install the LG X5 2018 Android 9 Pie update. Install and enjoy.