Finally, Android 10 is official and so the AOSP 10 Source code. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (Codenamed zenlte / zenltetmo) is now getting the unofficial version of Lineage OS 17.1 developed by ripee, the XDA senior member at XDA forum. Full credits to him and Lineage team. Now you can install Lineage OS 17.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus which is stable enough to use as a daily driver.
Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. With the newly released Android 10 source code, the Lineage team has started working on Lineage OS 17.1 for all the supported devices.
To install Lineage OS 17.1 on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, you need to unlock bootloader and running the latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (zenlte / zenltetmo) device.
What’s on Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already went live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system which is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (zenlte / zenltetmo) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (zenlte / zenltetmo)
First, unlock the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
What's Working and Model Number!:
• RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
• Wi-Fi (Hotspot too)
• Bluetooth (Headsets too)
• Video Playback
• Capacitive buttoms
~ Tell us.
We do not support the following models: G9280, G928P, G928V, G928R4, G928R7 or another non-GSM/International model; If you are going to install the build on a device that is not supported, go for your way and do not report bugs.
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (zenlte / zenltetmo) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (zenlte / zenltetmo)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Download the latest TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- To install the latest TWRP Recovery image: In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
[Skip this step (5, 6 and 7) if you already running on latest TWRP]
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Make sure to clean the data and cache of the old ROM.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option. Tap on Install -> look for the ROM zip file and flash it.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (zenlte / zenltetmo) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.