Finally, Android 10 Q is official and so the AOSP 10 Source code. Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (vince) is now getting the unofficial version of Lineage OS 17.1 developed by akseonig Recognized Developer. The device is launched on February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 based on Android 10. Full credits to him and Lineage team. Now you can install Lineage OS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus which is stable enough to use as a daily driver.
Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. With the new released Android 10 source code, the Lineage team has started working on Lineage OS 17.1 for all the supported device.
To install Lineage OS 17.1 on your Redmi 5 Plus, you need to unlock bootloader and running latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on Redmi 5 Plus device.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus features a 5.99-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. It is powered by a 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor clubbed with 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB internal storage, each of which is expandable via microSD card up to 128 GB. The device runs on the latest Android OS; Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9.5 under the hood.
What’s on Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system which is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Redmi 5 Plus
First, unlock the Redmi 5 Plus bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Redmi 5 Plus.
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for Redmi 5 Plus only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Redmi 5 Plus into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Redmi 5 Plus handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.