It seems that plenty of Madden NFL 22 players are experiencing issues with the game crashing during the startup or while in the gameplay on every platform. Just like the PC users, both the PlayStation and Xbox console users are also getting the startup crashing issue which is frustrating for all. If you’re also facing the same issue then you can follow this guide to Fix Madden NFL 22 Crashing on PS4, PS5, or Xbox Series.
There can be several reasons behind such an issue something like a temporary system glitch or cache issue, console firmware issue, or installed game issues. Luckily, we’ve shared all the possible workarounds to fix the crashing issue on gaming consoles. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the solutions below.
How to Fix Madden NFL 22 Crashing on PS4, PS5, or Xbox Series
Before getting into the steps, make sure to simply restart the game or the console to check if that fixes the system glitch or not. If this trick doesn’t help you out then make sure to go through the following methods.
1. Launch Madden NFL 22 from EA Play
If in case, the Madden NFL 22 game starts crashing on your Xbox or PS console, then you can try using the EA Play as an alternative launcher rather than using it directly via Xbox Apps or PlayStation Store. In some scenarios, this trick may help a lot.
2. Clear All Madden NFL 22 Data
You’ll have to clear all of the Madden NFL 22 game data from your console to load the game files properly. Make sure to take a data backup of the Madden NFL 22 game or its file to the cloud. Otherwise, you may end up losing all of your hard-earned game progress.
3. Hard Reset your Console
Well, performing a hard reset of your gaming console can also resolve multiple gaming-related issues such as lags, crashes, FPS drops, slow loading, or slow game downloading issues, etc. To do so:
- You’ll require to go to the Guide option by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Then go to Profile & System > Select Settings.
- Choose System > Select Console Info.
- Select Reset > If prompted, confirm the task to proceed.
- Wait for the console to reset completely.
- Once done, make sure to sign in to your Xbox account.
- Finally, install the Madden NFL 22 game properly, and then check for the crashing issue.
- First of all, you’ll have to completely switch off your PlayStation 4/5 console.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then make sure to sign in to the PS account.
- Finally, install the Madden NFL 22 game, and try running it.
4. Reinstall Madden NFL 22
If you’re helpless and nothing seems working for you, then just uninstall and reinstall the Madden NFL 22 game on your console as a last resort to check if that fixes the crashing or not. To do so:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to enter the console’s main menu (Guide).
- Select ‘Games’ from the Games & Apps menu.
- Now, navigate to the Madden NFL 22 game that you want to delete.
- Select the game > Press the menu button (three dots icon).
- Choose ‘Uninstall’ > Select ‘Uninstall All’ to confirm the uninstallation process.
Then reinstall the Madden NFL 22 game again by following the steps below:
- Insert the disc of the Madden NFL 22 game or simply download it from the Microsoft Store.
- Go to Games & Apps > Select ‘Games’.
- Locate the game from the list and select ‘Ready to Install’.
- Navigate to the Madden NFL 22 game icon that you want to delete in the library.
- Once the game icon is highlighted, press the Options button on your controller to bring up the options menu.
- Scroll down to Delete and confirm the selection by pressing the OK button.
- Once the game is uninstalled, restart your console to refresh the system.
Next, reinstall the Madden NFL 22 game again by following the steps below:
- Select Library and scroll down until you find the Purchased section on the home screen.
- If you would like to search for specific PlayStation Plus games, you can click on the yellow plus sign under the Purchased icon.
- You’ll get a small download icon next to the games which aren’t downloaded.
- Select the download icon on the Madden NFL 22 game and it will start reinstalling on your console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then run the game again.
If there is a bug or stability issue present inside the game or the specific patch version then we’ll expect that the developers will come up with a patch fix soon. As of now, there is no official announcement revealed yet. We may have to wait for it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.