Madden NFL 22 is an American football video game that has been developed by EA Tiburon and publisher Electronic Arts, launched in August 2021. It’s based on the National Football League offers multiplayer gaming mode and is available for almost every gaming platform. Now, some of the players are encountering the Madden NFL 22 DirectX Error on their Windows computers while launching it.
If you’re one of the victims to receive the same error continuously then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide. If you don’t know, Microsoft DirectX is a set of APIs for handling multiple tasks such as multimedia, gaming, etc. DirectX APIs are also known as Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectSound, and so on. Whenever some specific DirectX files go missing or are corrupted on the Windows PC, a DirectX error appears.
How to Fix Madden NFL 22 DirectX Error
Here we’ve shared a couple of possible solutions that should work for you. Before jumping into the guide below, make sure to restart your computer multiple times to check for the issue. Sometimes a simple reboot to the system can fix glitches or temporary cache issues whatsoever. If the error still appears, follow the methods below.
1. Update Madden NFL 22
If you’re getting the DirectX error on any games while launching then make sure to check for game updates whatsoever. An outdated game version can cause several issues with the startup or DirectX or black screen or stutters and more.
2. Update Windows OS Build
Just head over to the Windows Settings page > Click on Windows Update > Check for updates. If there is an update available, you should click on Download and Install. If there is no update available then you can jump into the next method.
3. Update Device Drivers
Make sure to check updates for the device drivers on your PC which means graphics drivers, network drivers, etc. We’ll always recommend our readers to stay updated with the device drivers, especially graphics drivers. To do so:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that’s active.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
If you want to update network drivers or any other device drivers then do the same steps and double-click on the respective adapter to update it.
4. Force Use DirectX 11/12
It’s also better to force use the DirectX 11 or DX12 for the Madden NFL 22 title on your PC by using the Steam client. Sometimes either your computer doesn’t have the required DirectX version or the game uses an older version of DirectX. So, force using DirectX can simply run the game properly.
- Launch the Steam client and go to your ‘Library’.
- Right-click on Madden NFL 22 > Click on ‘Properties’.
- From the ‘General’ tab, click on the text field of ‘Launch Options’.
- Now, copy/paste the following command-line argument:
- Click on ‘OK’ to apply the changes and run the game.
If the Madden NFL 22 is still throwing out the DirectX error while launching with DX11 then you should try forcefully running it with DX12 by replacing -force -dx11 with -force -dx12 and click on ‘OK’ to save changes.
5. Repair Game Files
Well, scanning and repairing the installed game files can become helpful for you if there is a corrupted or missing game file present on your computer inside the installed directory. To do this:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Madden NFL 22 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
- Open the Origin client application on your PC.
- Click on the My Game Library tab > Right-click on Madden NFL 22.
- Click on Repair Game and wait for the Origin client to scan & repair your game files.
- Once done, run the game, and check for the error again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Start the Epic Games Launcher on the PC.
- Now, click on Library from the top left corner.
- Locate Madden NFL 22 in the library.
- Click on the three dots icon inside the game tile.
- Choose to Verify from the list > The verification process will start.
- Wait for it to complete and then open the game to check for the DirectX error.
6. Update DirectX
- Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX folder path.
- Next, run the DXSETUP.exe file to reinstall/update DirectX.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
7. Run an SFC Scan
System File Checker (SFC) is a utility tool in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for corrupted Windows system files and restore them automatically. To perform this task:
- Click on the Start Menu and type cmd.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt from the search result.
- Select Run as administrator > If prompted, click on Yes to give admin privileges.
- Once the command prompt window opens, type the following command and hit Enter to execute it:
- Have some patience until the process gets completed.
- Once done, close the command prompt window, and restart your computer to check for the error again.
8. Reinstall Madden NFL 22
If none of the methods worked for you then try reinstalling the Madden NFL 22 game to check if that helps you to fix the crashing issue or not. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on the Madden NFL 22 game.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes immediately.
- Open the Steam client again and install the game again using the existing Steam account.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. For further queries, you can comment below.