Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is the latest first-person shooter video game in 2022, which is a sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare title under the Call of Duty lineup. Warzone 2.0 has also landed as a free-to-play online battle royale title with MWII, bringing multiple improvements. The title also brings some bugs and errors that we can’t deny. Meanwhile, some players face the Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Travis Shipton errors on PS4/PS5.
The specific Travis Shipton error occurs while COD Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2 players try to get into the online multiplayer matches. At the same time, some of them claim that the error prevents players from joining matchmaking in both the MWII and Warzone 2 titles, which becomes frustrating. It looks like you’re one of the victims of such an error on your PS4 or PS5 consoles. Well, there is nothing to worry about it.
- How to Fix Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Travis Shipton Error
- 1. Check the PlayStation Network Status
- 2. Check the Activision Online Services Status
- 3. Power Cycle Your PlayStation Console
- 4. Update the MWII and Warzone 2 Game
- 5. Try Signing Out and Signing Back In
- 6. Ensure to Sign In to Your Account
- 7. Check for the System Update
- 8. Cross-Check Your Internet Connection
- 9. Contact Activision Support
How to Fix Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Travis Shipton Error
Getting error messages is one of the most frustrating issues players will encounter. It can be even more annoying when you don’t know how to fix it or why it is happening. As per the error report, it says “Guest1 – You must be signed in to PlayStation Network to play online matches. [Reason: TRAVIS – SHIPTON]”. Luckily, a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below should help you easily resolve such an error on PlayStation consoles.
1. Check the PlayStation Network Status
First of all, you should check the PlayStation Network Status here to ensure there is no issue with the PSN services. If all services are up and running for the PlayStation Network Service then you can head over to the next method. Otherwise, you should wait for a couple of hours and check for the issue again.
2. Check the Activision Online Services Status
You should check out the Activision Online Services Status here to ensure there is no issue with the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0 game. After visiting the page, make sure to select the game from the list to check the real-time info. If there is an issue with the online services, you can wait for some time and check again.
3. Power Cycle Your PlayStation Console
Sometimes the temporary cache data or glitch on the system might trouble you while launching the game or connecting to the game servers online. To do so:
- Power Off the PlayStation 4/5 console > Unplug the Power Cable from the console.
- Wait for a few minutes, then reconnect the power cable to the console.
- Now, Power On the console to check for the issue again.
4. Update the MWII and Warzone 2 Game
Though starting the game on the PlayStation console automatically updates to the latest version available, sometimes temporary glitches or cache data issues might trigger the game updating issues. You can follow the steps below to check for the game update.
- Highlight the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II or Warzone 2.0 game thumbnail in your game’s dashboard.
- Press the Options button on the controller to display the options menu.
- Select Check for Update > If an update is available, you can follow the instructions to install the update.
- Wait for the update process and check for the issue again.
5. Try Signing Out and Signing Back In
You should also try signing out and signing back into your valid account on your PS4/PS5 console, then try getting into the COD Modern Warfare II or Warzone 2 game again. Some of the affected players have tried this method and successfully fixed the issue.
6. Ensure to Sign In to Your Account
Ensure to sign into your account on the PlayStation console to ensure no guest account is coming into the play. You might encounter this issue if you’re not signed into the account.
7. Check for the System Update
Another thing you should do is check for the system update on your PS4/PS5 console by following the steps below. An outdated system software version might trigger several issues while launching the game.
- Go to the Settings menu > Choose System > Select System Software.
- Select Console Information > Check under the System Software Version.
- If you’re seeing the ‘Up to date’ message, you have the latest version installed.
- If not, you can Download and Install the update, respectively.
- Once updated, reboot the console to check for the issue.
8. Cross-Check Your Internet Connection
You should also check for the internet connection at your end by playing other online games and switching the internet network from a wired connection to a wireless connection or vice versa. Additionally, you can try using a different internet connection too. If your internet connection is slow enough or unstable, make sure to fix it by contacting your internet service provider.
9. Contact Activision Support
If none of the methods worked for you, then contact Activision Support for additional help. You can also create a support ticket for the same to get a better resolution asap. With the help of a support ticket, developers will be able to investigate the issue and work on it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.