The Nothing Phone 2, launched by the UK-based startup led by OnePlus Co-Founder Carl Pei, features a flagship Snapdragon chipset, a larger battery, and a dual 50-megapixel camera setup. Its updated Glyph interface now supports third-party apps, and the company promises three years of OS updates and four years of security patches.
If you’re using a Nothing Phone 2 or planning to buy it, this guide is for you. In this tutorial, we will share the latest Nothing Phone 2 firmware flash file and guide you on installing it on your device.
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or mods for more features or customizations. The device may not work like before in these situations, or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, the default Stock ROM can work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even a factory reset won’t be useful; you should re-install the Stock ROM. Flashing Stock Firmware again on your device will give you a better experience than a new device.
Nothing Phone 2 Device Overview:
Nothing Phone 2 features a dual-SIM smartphone that operates on Android 13-based Nothing OS 2.0. The device flaunts a 6.7-inch full-HD+ LTPO OLED display that offers a fluid adaptive refresh rate between 1Hz and 120Hz. Underneath its sleek design, the phone is driven by Qualcomm’s 4nm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC accompanied by an Adreno 730 GPU. It provides up to 12GB of RAM and substantial inbuilt storage of up to 512 GB.
The Nothing Phone 2 boasts an impressive dual rear camera setup that includes a 50-megapixel primary camera and a versatile 50-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera that also functions as a macro camera. The phone enables high-quality video recording in various modes, including 4K at 60fps and live HDR at 4K and 30fps. Complementing the rear camera setup is a 32-megapixel front camera for selfies and video calls.
The unique Glyph Interface of the Nothing Phone 2 offers an innovative user experience with individually addressable LED strips on the rear panel. It supports 5G, WiFi 6, and Bluetooth 5.3, ensuring high-speed connectivity. Biometric authentication is enabled by an in-display fingerprint scanner and face unlock feature. The phone is powered by a 4,700mAh battery, supporting 45W wired charging and 15W Qi wireless charging, with reverse wireless charging capabilities. Despite packing such immense features, the handset remains lightweight, weighing just 201.2 grams.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc., then this guide is for you. Even your Nothing Phone 2 device may get bricked or stuck in a boot loop issue for any reason. Installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything on track. Meanwhile, you can install the fresh Stock Firmware on Nothing Phone 2 or update the system software.
Google’s Android OS is based on open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes, things don’t go the right way, and you may find some errors, stability, or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantages of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device boot loop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on the Nothing Phone 2.
- Revert to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
Nothing Phone 2 Firmware Flash Files
|Nothing OS 2.0.3||
|Nothing OS 2.0.2a||
|Nothing OS 2.0.2||
|Nothing OS 2.0.1||
In addition to the camera improvements, the Nothing OS 2.0.1 update also brings several other improvements to the Nothing Phone (2). Here are some of the other improvements that come with the update:
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update is available for this device.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Nothing Phone 2
Before installing the stock ROM on your Nothing Phone 2, follow all the pre-requirements first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC.
- The firmware is only supported for the Nothing Phone 2 models. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Make sure to download the latest Google USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First method via Local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your Nothing Phone 2 device.
- Now, head to the Settings > System Updates > tap on the gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
Not available yet!
We assume that this article is useful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the Stock ROM flash file on your Nothing Phone 2 device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.