If you’re using a OnePlus 3T or planning to buy it, then this guide is for you. In this tutorial, we will share the latest OnePlus 3T firmware flash file and guide you on how to install it on your device.
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or any other mods for more features or customizations. In these situations, the device may not work like before or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, sometimes the default Stock ROM can also work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even factory reset won’t come in handy, then you should re-install the Stock ROM. By flashing Stock Firmware again on your device will give you a better experience like a new device.
OnePlus 3T Device Overview:
OnePlus 3T is an upgraded version of their earlier smartphone OnePlus 3. The handset sports a 16-Megapixel primary camera on the rear with phase detection autofocus, OIS, and LED flash, and a 16-Megapixel front shooter for selfies. OnePlus 3T has 5.5 inches Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection with a 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
OnePlus 3T is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset and Quad-core (2×2.35 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) processor with Adreno 530 GPU paired with 6GB RAM. The phone packs 64GB/128GB internal memory. The handset runs on Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS.
Other Connectivity options include Dual Sim, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, FM, 3G, 4G VoLTE. It also has Fingerprint Scanner. The device is powered by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3,400 mAh battery with Fast battery charging: 60% in 30 min (Dash Charge).
OnePlus 3T is priced at Rs.29,999 (Around $439) for 64GB variant, which is $40 more than the OnePlus 3 and Rs.34,999 (Around $512) for 128GB variant. The device will be available in Gunmetal and Soft Gold Colors.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc then this guide is for you. Even your OnePlus 3T device may get bricked or stuck in a boot loop issue for any reason. By installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything on track. Meanwhile, you can either install the fresh Stock Firmware on the OnePlus 3T or update the system software also.
Google’s Android OS is based on open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes thing doesn’t go in the right way and you may find some errors or stability or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device boot loop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on the OnePlus 3T.
- Revert back to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
OnePlus 3T Firmware Flash Files
|OxygenOS Beta 2 Android 9.0 Pie||
|OxygenOS Beta 1 Android 9.0 Pie
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update will be available for this device.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on OnePlus 3T
Before installing the stock ROM on your OnePlus 3T, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements at first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC as well.
- The firmware is only supported for the OnePlus 3T models. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Make sure to download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First method via Local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus 3T device.
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates > tap on gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
1. Enable the ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings –> Developer Options –> Enable USB debugging. (To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.)
2. Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
3. Copy the OxygenOs 4.0.3 Zip to the folder where ADB is installed.
4. Restart the OnePlus 3T into recovery mode. (To do that First turn your phone off, Now press and hold volume down + power button until you see the stock recovery.)
5. In recovery, choose the “Install from adb” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
6. Connect your OnePlus 3T to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal.
“adb sideload <filename>”
“/adb sideload <filename>"
7. Wait a while; your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.
If you want to install the Stock ROM on your OnePlus 3T handset manually, then follow the below-mentioned guide properly. Here we have shared the ADB Sideloading method in order to flash the Stock ROM on your OnePlus device.
We assume that this article is useful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the Stock ROM flash file on your OnePlus 3T device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.
I desperately need a link for stock recovery OnePlus 3T!!!!! Help me please
Yo, good info. Now i’m enlightened by your blog posts here. Perhaps soon I will be putting up quality blogs similar to this. Thumbs up!!