OnePlus has recently launched its first foldable smartphone, the OnePlus Open, in India. This device is equipped with the powerful flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip. It features a 7.82-inch AMOLED inner display and a 6.31-inch outer screen, both of which have a refresh rate of up to 120Hz, providing a smooth and seamless user experience. If you are an existing OnePlus Open user or are considering purchasing one, this guide is tailored to your needs. In this tutorial, we will provide you with the latest OnePlus Open firmware flash file and walk you through the installation process on your device.
Android enthusiasts often experiment with custom ROMs or modifications to access additional features or customization options. However, these alterations can sometimes result in performance issues, errors, or lags. In such cases, reverting to the stock ROM may resolve these problems. Although a factory reset can sometimes fix these issues, there may be instances where it’s insufficient, necessitating the reinstallation of the stock ROM. Flashing the stock firmware on your device can help restore its original performance, offering an experience akin to using a brand-new device.
OnePlus Open Device Overview:
The OnePlus Open is a feature-packed dual-SIM (Nano) smartphone, running on Android 13 with the OxygenOS 13.1 custom skin. It boasts a 6.72-inch full-HD+ LCD display with a 120Hz refresh rate, offering crisp visuals and smooth performance. The device is powered by the Snapdragon 695 SoC and 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM, ensuring smooth multitasking capabilities.
Photography enthusiasts will appreciate the triple rear camera setup, featuring a 108-megapixel primary sensor, a 2-megapixel macro shooter, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The front-facing 16-megapixel camera caters to selfies and video calls, while various photography modes enhance the overall experience. The device also supports up to 256GB of UFS 2.2 storage, expandable up to 1TB via a microSD card.
Connectivity options on the OnePlus Open include 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/A-GPS, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a USB Type-C port. The side-mounted fingerprint sensor ensures secure access, and an array of onboard sensors provides a seamless user experience.
Gamers can enjoy the Game Focus Mode, which minimizes distractions and enhances performance, while dual stereo speakers with noise cancellation support deliver immersive audio. The device has a 5,000mAh battery, supporting 67W SuperVOOC wired charging for quick top-ups and all-day usage.
Measuring 165.5x76x8.3mm and weighing 195 grams, the OnePlus Open is a well-rounded device that caters to various user needs, offering a high-quality display, powerful performance, versatile camera setup, and robust battery life.
What is a Stock ROM?
This guide is for you if you face issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc. Even your OnePlus Open device may get bricked or stuck in a boot loop issue. Installing the Stock ROM on the handset will get everything on track. Meanwhile, you can install the fresh Stock Firmware on the OnePlus Open or update the system software.
Google’s Android OS is based on open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes, things don’t go the right way, and you may find errors, stability, or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device boot loop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on the OnePlus Open.
- Revert back to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
OnePlus Open Firmware Flash Files
• Integrates the September 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security
• Improves the full screen layout of the live-streaming page on Facebook.
• Improves the experience of using Split View in landscape mode.
• Improves the experience of finding recently used apps on the task bar.
• Improves the experience of opening three apps In Split View.
• Fixes an issue where accidental touches might be falsely recognised as Screen-off gestures on cover screen.
• Optimises the touch sensitivity of the main screen.Communication
• Improves the stability and expands the compatibility of Wi-Fi network connections.
• Improves the stability and expands the compatibility of Bluetooth connections.
• Improves the experience of using IR Remote.Camera
• Shows the equivalent focal lengths for zoom options.
• Default wide-angle focal length can be changed in the camera settings.
• Improves Dolby Vision effects.
• Improves the preview thumbnails of photos.
• Improves the experience of taking videos by tapping and holding the Shutter button.
• Improves the performance and stability of Camera.
• Improves video-taking performance.
• Improves the quality of photos taken using the rear camera.
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update is available for this device.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on OnePlus Open
Before installing the stock ROM on your OnePlus Open, follow all the pre-requirements first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC.
- The firmware is only supported for the OnePlus Open models. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Make sure to download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First Method via Local upgrade
Watch our video tutorial to flash via local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus Open device.
- Head to Settings > System Updates > tap on the gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file that you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device; tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
Fastboot Method commands
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot flash abl abl.img fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot flash logo logo.img fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash odm odm.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot reboot
Watch our video tutorial to flash using the Fastboot method
If you want to install the Stock ROM on your OnePlus Open handset manually, follow the guide below. We have shared the ADB Sideloading method to flash the Stock ROM on your OnePlus device.
We assume that this article is helpful to you and that you’ve successfully updated or installed the Stock ROM flash file on your OnePlus Open device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.