Are you a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (excalibur) device user and facing issues with the invalid IMEI or unknown IMEI baseband? Then don’t worry. We got you covered. Here in this guide, we’ve provided the full guide to repair unknown IMEI baseband on the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max device easily.
Now, talking about the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number, it’s a unique 15-digit code that precisely identifies the device model whether you’ve used a SIM card or not. It’s worth mentioning that each and every IMEI number is unique and individually assigned to each and every mobile phone worldwide. You can also check the IMEI number on Redmi Note 9 Pro Max by typing the *#06# on the dialer or Phone app.
We all know that a SIM card can be changed easily from a mobile phone. Therefore, the IMEI number comes in handy to track any particular device across the globe. Now, if you want to use a mobile device to use a SIM then it’s necessary to work the IMEI number properly. Meanwhile, the IMEI number can get corrupted or invalid, or null while flashing any third-party firmware or any custom file on your device. Therefore, you should fix that issue for your Redmi Note 9 Pro Max model.
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Specifications
The smartphone features a 6.53 inch IPS LCD with an FHD+ resolution and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. This is not a high refresh rate panel like some other Poco devices. Under the hood, we have the mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 which comes with the Adreno 610 GPU. This is not a blazing fast processor by any means, but it can handle most tasks quite easily. It is one of the most widely used processors for mid-range or budget Android devices.
At the back, we get a dual-tone design with one tone holding the triple camera setup. Here, we get a 48 MP primary sensor with an f/1.8 lens, a 2 MP macro sensor with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 lens. The primary comes with phase detection autofocus for better focus speeds. As for the front side, we get a single 8 MP sensor with an f/2.1 lens. It is housed in a water drop style at the top.
We get two storage variants with the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max with only a single RAM option: 4GB+64GB and 4GB+128GB. In terms of connectivity, we do get all the basics, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Infrared port, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. But the most striking features of the device are its huge 6,000mAh battery and dual speaker setup for stereo. It supports fast charging of up to 18W and one can even charge other devices using the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, that is it even doubles up as a power bank for other devices. We get three colour options with this smartphone: Cool Blue, Poco Yellow, and Power Black.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (excalibur)
Here you will get an easy guide to repair and restore the IMEI number on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max device by using the QCN Rebuilder Tool. This tool is free of cost and easy to use even if you’re new to this process. Now, before heading over to the guide, let’s follow all the requirements and download the links below.
Now, let’s check out the download links and requirements below.
- Download Flash tool: QPST or QFIL Tool
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Max QCN File (zip) – Link
- Download QCN Rebuilder Tool
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- This guide and QCN file are for the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max model only.
- Your device should be charged up to 50% at least.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Keep a full backup of the device data before doing anything.
- Enable USB Debugging. Check the video guide.
- Download all the files and tools from above.
Reset EFS Partition:
adb shell su dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1 dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2 dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fsg dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fsc
IMEI Rebuilding and Restore Guide
- After downloading, install, and run the QCN Rebuilder tool on your PC.
- Click on Open file and select the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max QCN file.
- Now, replace the IMEI with the original IMEI number.
- Click on Rebuild.
- Next, connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open the dial pad on your device and type this code *#*#717717#*#* or use any method to enable diagnostic mode.
- If the above code doesn’t work, use CMD on your PC by following the commands below.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Then run the QPST tool on your computer.
- Click on the Restore tab > select the rebuilt QCN file > click on Restore.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful for your Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.
I tried the mentioned method but it’s not working
My nv data were corrupted.
Please provide me genuine way.
Hope you consider.