Windows Registry is a database where important information and settings are stored. In general, a registry editor implies that there is something wrong with the computer’s hard disk boot register. The REGISTRY_ERROR Blue Screen Error (0x00000051) can make your computer crash or stop at any time, which results in the deletion of unsaved work.
Blue Screen errors can result from both hardware and software problems. The error can make your computer run slow, even your keyboard and mouse stops working properly. So, you need to solve this error as soon as possible. To save time, we have compiled the best solutions that will help you with this error. Go through the solutions and see which one works for your computer.
Table of Contents
- 1 What causes REGISTRY_ERROR Blue Screen Error (0x00000051)?
- 2 Solutions to solve the Registry_Error Blue Screen error (0x00000051):
- 2.1 Solution 1: Run the CHKDSK tool
- 2.2 Solution 2: Run the SFC tool
- 2.3 Solution 4: Blue Screen Troubleshooter on Windows 10
- 2.4 Solution 5: Check the Automatic Maintenance feature
- 2.5 Solution 6: Check RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
- 2.6 Solution 7: Clean your Registry
- 2.7 Solution 8: Virus or Malware infection
- 2.8 Solution 9: Update your Windows
- 2.9 Solution 10: Update Device Drivers manually
- 2.10 Solution 11: Perform a System Restore
- 2.11 Solution 12: Perform a Clean Installation
What causes REGISTRY_ERROR Blue Screen Error (0x00000051)?
The Registry_Error Blue Screen error (0x00000051) indicates that the configuration manager is failing at the evaluation and updating task of servers and client computers on the network. It can be a result of different hardware and software issues. Some of them are listed below-
- Errors in the hard drive boot registry
- Corrupted system files that can interfere with the system
- Corrupted or outdated device drivers
- Malware infection
- Damaged RAM
- Corrupted Operating System
Solutions to solve the Registry_Error Blue Screen error (0x00000051):
Here we have found a solution to fix the registry error with error code 0x00000051
Solution 1: Run the CHKDSK tool
The Registry_Error Blue Screen error (0x00000051) can start from any hard drive problems. So, the best thing is to look for any damage to the hard drive. To solve the error, you can run the built-in CHKDSK utility. Follow these steps given below.
- Press Windows key +R.
- Type “cmd” and press Enter.
- When the Command Prompt window appears, choose to run it as an administrator.
- Now, you have to run the following command line.
chkdsk <Drive Letter>: /f /r /x /b
- Press “Enter“
- The command will fix any problems if present in the hard drive.
- Restart your computer after the process is complete and check for the error.
Solution 2: Run the SFC tool
As we have mentioned earlier, the Registry_Error Blue Screen error (0x00000051) can be a result of corrupted system file interference. To solve this issue, you can run the SFC tool. The tool is designed to help you with cleaning the system files. Follow these steps given below to run the SFC and tool.
- Press Windows key+R.
- Type “cmd” and press OK to open the Command Prompt window.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt to run it as an administrator.
- You have to run the following command lines and press Enter after the command line.
- Wait for the process to complete. Then, restart your computer.
Solution 3: Run the DISM tool
If you are not satisfied with the SFC tool, you can run the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management or DISM tool. Follow these steps given below.
- First, open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Type the following command lines and press Enter after each command line.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- The process can take a few minutes to finish. After the process is over, reboot your PC.
Solution 4: Blue Screen Troubleshooter on Windows 10
If you are a Windows 10 user, then you should know about the Blue Screen Troubleshooter tool. It helps you with solving the Blue Screen errors like the Registry_Error. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Choose Update and Security.
- Then, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- In the right pane, you can see the troubleshooting option for the Blue Screen.
- Press “Run the troubleshooter” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and see if you can solve the error.
Solution 5: Check the Automatic Maintenance feature
Your Windows computer has an Automatic Maintenance feature that is responsible for maintaining your computer, cleaning bugs, updating applications and the operating system. To solve the Registry_Error Blue Screen error, you have to check if there is something wrong with the Automatic Maintenance. Follow these steps.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Choose System and Security.
- Click on the Security and Maintenance option, and expand the Maintenance option.
- You will find the Automatic Maintenance option here.
- Click on the Start maintenance option.
- But if it shows the REGISTRY_ERROR message, you have to disable this tool.
- Press Windows key +X.
- Type “regedit” and press OK.
- Now, you have to type the following information in the search bar of the Registry editor.
- In the right windowpane, if you see the Maintenance is not disabled, you have to create a DWORD.
- Right-click on the free space of the right pane. Select the “New” option and create a DWORD (32 bit) Value.
- You have to rename this new DWORD Maintenance Disabled. Press OK.
- Then, open the Maintenance Disabled DWORD.
- In the value data field, input the number 1.
- Select “OK” to save all the changes.
- Restart your computer and check for the error.
Solution 6: Check RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
RAM needs to work properly in order to keep your computer out of any problems. And to check RAM, you can use the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. You just have to follow these steps.
- Press Windows key +R.
- Type “Mdsched” and press Enter.
- The Window of the Memory Diagnostic tool will flash two options: Restart now and check for problems (recommended), Check for problems the next time I start my computer.
- Choose any one of the options according to your need.
- After your PC restarts, check for the error.
Solution 7: Clean your Registry
The registry is a database which stores valuable information. This stored information and settings are necessary to run the computer smoothly. If it doesn’t work properly, it will keep storing the data incorrectly, which will create many errors like the Registry_Error Blue Screen error (0x00000051). To solve this issue, you need to install a registry cleaning application. The application will check the registry and correct the error present in the database.
Solution 8: Virus or Malware infection
If your computer is affected by virus or malware infection, they can interfere with the main boot record (MBR) or the boot sector of your system. They can also affect essential applications and interfere with the registry. To protect your computer from any further damage, you can choose to install third-party antivirus software. And if you already have an Antivirus software, make sure it is up to date, and it is capable of scanning the MBR and boot sectors.
Solution 9: Update your Windows
When you update your Windows, any bugs found in the previous version get solved in the updated version. So, you should check if you have any pending updates. Follow these steps to make sure your Windows is updated.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Choose Windows Update.
- Click on the Check for Updates option.
- If you find any updates, download it. Then, restart your PC. See if the error comes up again.
Solution 10: Update Device Drivers manually
Even after you update your system, some device drivers get left behind. The outdated device drivers are unable to work with the updated Windows. So, they start creating problems. To solve the error, follow these steps to update the device drivers.
- Press Windows key +X.
- Choose Device Manager.
- Open a device category.
- Right-click on a particular device (for example, monitors or network adapters).
- Select the Update driver option.
- Repeat the steps for every device listed on the device manager.
- After the process is complete, check for the error.
Solution 11: Perform a System Restore
If you have already created a restore point in the past, you can use this solution. Using the restore point, you can go back to a previous version of your computer and check if the error is resolved. Especially when you can’t go to the Windows login screen, you can use this solution to solve the error.
- When you fail to reboot your Windows, the Recovery Environment starts running automatically.
- Under the Choose an option tab, select the Advanced
- Then, go to System Restore.
- When prompted, input your administrator account, username, and password.
- Select “Next” when the System Restore screen appears.
- Click on the Restore Point.
- Click “Next“. Then, select “Finish.”
- When prompted, press “Yes” to confirm system restore.
- Then, choose the “Restore” option on the notification dialog and reboot your computer.
- You can also restore your computer using a bootable drive.
- Insert the bootable drive to your computer.
- Turn off your computer.
- When you turn it on, enter your preferences on the Setup screen and click Next.
- Choose the “Repair” option at the bottom left.
- Then, the steps will be similar to the first method.
Solution 12: Perform a Clean Installation
If none of the above-mentioned solutions worked for you, then the chances are high that your operating system is not installed correctly. You can perform a clean installation. But before you start the clean Installation process, you have to make sure you backup all your important files and documents. Install a fresh version of Windows on your computer.
If you are a Windows user, then Blue Screen errors are not new for you. Windows users have been complaining about the Blue Screen errors for some time now. When The Registry_Error Blue Screen error (0x00000051) comes up on your screen, you should take the necessary steps to solve this error, and avoid further damage to your system.
We have compiled down several solutions to deal with possible causes that create the Registry_Error Blue Screen error (0x00000051). You don’t need to be a professional to resolve this error. The steps we have provided are easy and can be performed manually. We hope you will be able to solve this error by following our solutions. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.