If you looking looking to Root Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F running Android Nougat, then you are at the right place. Samsung released Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus few days back. Most pro users of Galaxy S6 Edge Plus always want to gain root access on their device. In this guide we will explain the easiest way introduced by Chainfire, a well known root developer to root your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F.
You can easily root your phone with our simple method. In this method to root Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F, we used CF-Auto-Root where CF Stands for ChainFire. Chainfire’s Auto-root package was released to most of Galaxy S6 variants including Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F. So if your phone is running Android 7.0 Nougat or below version, then you can use this complete tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Root Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F with CF Auto Root (Nougat)
- 2 Steps to Flash Chainfire’s Auto Root Package on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
How to Root Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F with CF Auto Root (Nougat)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus can be easily rooted using CF Auto Root aka Chainfire’s Auto root package. To root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus running Android Nougat, you need to download ODIN Software which is required to flash any Samsung device. So here is the full guide to install ODIN software on your PC/Laptop.
What is Rooting and How does it helps Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F ?
If you root Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F, you can unlock many features which can’t be done by non-rooted android devices. Rooting Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F gives the power to modify the software code on the device or install other software that the manufacturer wouldn’t normally allow you to.
Here are the some of the features you can do after enabling root access :
- Unlock Hidden Features and Install “Incompatible” Apps
- You can use apps like tasker which Automates Everything
- Increases battery life and performance of Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
- Block Ads using any app on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F
- Backup your apps and data.
- Remove Bloatware apps on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F.
- Flash Custom Kernel and ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F.’
- Customize your Android phone to your taste and need.
Note: To flash the CF Auto Root on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F, we used ODIN to flash the CF Auto Root.
- You need either PC or Laptop.
- Charge your phone to atleast 50%.
- Download CF Auto Root file on your computer
- Download and install ODIN software tool on your PC/Laptop
- Backup your phone before your modify your system.
Required Files and Downloads
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Download CF Auto Root : CLICK HERE
Steps to Flash Chainfire’s Auto Root Package on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin with ID:COM which means your device is connected by Odin. (as shown below)
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the CF-Auto-Root.tar file which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Note: You should not remove or operate on your device until the flashing process in shown to be completed.
Once the flashing process is completed and if everything has gone as planned, you should be able to see a big green box saying “RESET” or “PASSED.” This will depend on the version of Odin downloader you have downloaded. By now, the device have finished rebooting and it is safe to remove/unplug the phone/device.
That’s ALL! When you restart your device, you will have root access on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928F.