Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk to root OnePlus 6T (fajita). Read our step by step guide properly!
Who doesn’t want to get the most of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through root and to be able to control various aspects like clocking, access to cache etc. are few of the various possibilities that we can explore. When we mention of root access, this means we need to perform a certain modification that will root our phone and we will have access to the root directory of our device. In this post, we will show you how to root OnePlus 6T (fajita).
OnePlus 6T is the latest flagship sensation of 2018 which is the sequel to the OnePlus 6. The 6T runs on latest Android 9.0 Pie based on OxygenOS. The device features a 6.41-inches Optic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with 6/8GB of RAM. The phone packs with 128GB and 256GB internal storage variants. The camera on the OnePlus 6T comes with Dual: 16 MP + 20 MP and 16MP front shooting camera. The device is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 5V 4A 20W (Dash Charge). The device sports in-display fingerprint sensor.
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. All you need to do is download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it.
You need to have an unlocked bootloader on your phone before you can root OnePlus 6T. We have detailed the method on that below.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which is not correct. The purpose in both contexts is quite different. Hacking is more like breaking into someone’s else system illegally, whereas rooting is mostly done by the owner of an Android device to gain superuser advantages of the device.Watch The Video on How to Install Magisk Manager and Root your phone Using TWRP Recovery
Steps To Root OnePlus 6T Using Magisk
First of all, we need to unlock the device bootloader on OnePlus 6T. Then you can continue with the next steps. After this, we need to download and flash the patched ramdisk file which we mentioned above.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the OTA updates
Download Stock ROM and Extract the Boot Image
Here is the link for the same.
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for OnePlus 6T only. Do not use it on any other OnePlus or other Android devices.
- Install ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- A PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Drop the Patched boot image file inside your ADB/Fastboot folder
- Install OnePlus USB Drivers.
How To Install the Patched Boot Image on OnePlus 6T (fajita)
Assuming that you have used our above instruction and unlocked the bootloader, we will continue on flashing the patched boot image.
- First, let’s begin by booting our phone into fastboot mode.
- To boot into fastboot, press and hold the Power button + Volume Down Keys for sometimes.
- Now connect your device to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- If you’ve not downloaded, download the patched image file and
- Move that file into the ADB folder on PC.
- While you are in the ADB folder, press right-click + shift key in the empty space. You will see the below dialog box popping up.
- Click on Open Powershell Window here. Basically, the command prompt opens up upon clicking.
- Now type the following command and press enter
- This command will return a device ID to confirm your device is connected properly.
- This is an important step. Type the exact command without quotes
- Below command,
nameofimgis the file name of the patched boot image
fastboot boot <filename>.img
- This will patch the Magisk ramdisk to your device and your phone will get rooted.
- The flashing may take some time. After flashing, you need to reboot the device. To do it, give the command,
- When the phone got booted download magisk manager here and install it.
- Make sure you checked “Preserve force encryption” and “preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity”.
- Click on Install and select Direct Install (Recommended)
- Wait till it’s installed and ask you to reboot your device, reboot it.
So, that’s it. Now that you have rooted your OnePlus 6T (fajita), you can try this out. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.