Xiaomi Redmi K20 came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie OS. It will soon be upgraded to Android Pie. Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk to root Redmi K20. Read our step by step guide properly!
Who doesn’t want to get the most of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through the root and to be able to control various aspects like clock, access to cache, etc. are few of the various possibilities that we can explore. When we mention root access, this means we need to perform a certain modification that will root our phone and we will have access to the root directory of our device. In this post, we will show you how to root Redmi K20.
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. All you need to do is download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which is not correct. The purpose in both contexts is quite different. Hacking is more like breaking into someone’s else system illegally, whereas rooting is mostly done by the owner of an Android device to gain superuser advantages of the device.
Steps To root Redmi K20 Using Magisk
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the OTA updates
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Xiaomi Redmi K20 only. Do not use it on any other Android devices.
- You need PC/Laptop with a micro USB cable to connect.
- Make sure that you download all the required files on your PC/Laptop
- Download ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- Download and Install Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Download Latest Xiaomi Redmi K20 Stock ROM
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Common Redmi K20 Pro Problems and Fixes & Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Redmi K20 and K20 Pro Stock Firmware collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Common Redmi K20 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Android Q Beta on Redmi K20 Pro [Android 10 Beta Program]
- Download Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro Stock Wallpapers
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi Redmi K20
- After extracting boot image, you must move the patched boot image to the same folder. Hold the SHIFT key and click on the right mouse button to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Run the following command in the open command prompt.
fastboot flash boot_<Letter> <patched_image_name>.img
Please replace [patched_image_name.img] with the name of the with the patched boot image you extracted followed by the .img extension, and [letter] stands for boot partition A or B.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
How to Verify if your phone has a systemless root?
- Download and install the Magisk Manager app APK, and launch it.
- To verify that you have systemless root, check the top of the screen and if you see all option with Green Tick which means you have successfully rooted and bypassed SafteyNet.
So, that’s it. Now that you have rooted your Xiaomi Redmi K20. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.
Nothing happens after entering the first command. It only says “waiting for device” on the command prompt window. I tried the same with the Fastboot mode on, but it says “Flashing is not allowed in lock state”. Does the bootloader need to be unlocked first? There was no mention of the same if the answer is yes.