Sprint released Android 7.0 Nougat Stock ROM for Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. You can get the full firmware and guide to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat for Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Here. Most Android users root their device to achieve root access where they can modify, customize and also increase the performance of their device. If you looking for Root Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/G935P running Android Nougat, then you are at the right place. In this guide, we will explain the easiest way introduced by Chainfire, a well-known root developer to root your Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/G935P.
You can easily root your phone with our simple method. In this method to root Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/ G935P, we used CF-Auto-Root where CF Stands for ChainFire. Chainfire’s Auto-root package was released to most of Galaxy S7 variants including Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/ G935P. So if your phone is running Android 7.0 Nougat or below version, then you can use this complete tutorial to root Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/ G935P.
- How to Root Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/G935P with CF Auto Root (Nougat)
- Steps to Flash Chainfire’s Auto-Root Package on Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
How to Root Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/G935P with CF Auto Root (Nougat)
Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge can be easily rooted using CF Auto Root aka Chainfire’s Auto root package. To root Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge running Android Nougat, you need to download ODIN Software which is required to flash any Sprint device. So here is the full guide to installing ODIN software on your PC/Laptop.
What is Rooting and How does it help Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge?
If you root Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/ G935P, you can unlock many features which can’t be done by non-rooted android devices. Rooting Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge gives the power to modify the software code on the device or install other software that the manufacturer wouldn’t normally allow you to.
Here are the some of the features you can do after enabling root access :
- Unlock Hidden Features and Install “Incompatible” Apps
- You can use apps like Tasker which Automates Everything
- Increases battery life and performance.
- Block Ads on any apps via ADBlocker.
- Backup your apps and data.
- Remove Bloatware apps on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
- Flash Custom Kernel and ROM on Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
- Customize your Android phone to your taste and need.
Note: To flash the CF Auto Root on Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/ G935P, we used ODIN to flash the CF Auto Root.
- You need either PC or Laptop.
- Charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download CF Auto Root file on your computer
- Download and install ODIN software tool on your PC/Laptop
- Backup your phone before you modify your system.
Required Files and Downloads
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software.
- Download and Install the Latest Samsung USB Drivers.
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop.
- Download CF-Auto-root for Sprint Galaxy S7 SM-G930P.
- Download CF-Auto-root for Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935P.
Steps to Flash Chainfire’s Auto-Root Package on Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin with ID:COM which means your device is connected by Odin. (as shown below)
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the CF-Auto-Root.tar file which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Note: You should not remove or operate on your device until the flashing process in shown to be completed.
Once the flashing process is completed and if everything has gone as planned, you should be able to see a big green box saying “RESET” or “PASSED.” This will depend on the version of Odin downloader you have downloaded. By now, the device has finished rebooting and it is safe to remove/unplug the phone/device.
That’s ALL! When you restart your device, you will have root access to Sprint Galaxy S7/S7 Edge G930P/ G935P.
hi, i have a g930p sprint with latest 5blq1 firmware, and when i tried to install the cf-root you mencioned, it does not finish installation, says fail when load cache img
i’m currently having the same problem walid any help would be appreciated