Xiaomi 12 Lite launched globally, features a 6.55-inch display with a 120Hz refresh rate, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G SoC powers it under the hood. The device sports a triple rear camera setup which includes a 108 MP primary sensor, an 8 MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2 MP macro lens.
If you’re using the Xiaomi 12 Lite device and want to enable root access via Magisk, then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared the steps to Root Xiaomi 12 Lite using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
To root your Xiaomi 12 Lite, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Xiaomi 12 Lite Device Overview:
The Xiaomi 12 Lite features a 6.55 inches AMOLED panel with a 120 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The screen has a peak brightness of 950 nits and supports Dolby Vision and HDR10+ content. Under the hood, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor built on a 6nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz and four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 642L. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with MIUI skin running on top.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The triple rear camera setup consists of a 108MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens, an 8 MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The selfie camera at the front is a 32 MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear camera system can capture 4K videos at 30 fps, while the front camera system is limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone comes with three storage options: 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, and 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. We do not get a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, Infrared port, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, and compass. Powering it all is a 4300 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using a 67W power adapter. The company claims the smartphone goes from 0 to 50% in just 13 minutes. The smartphone has three color options: Black, Lite Green, and Lite Pink.
Steps To Root Xiaomi 12 Lite Using Magisk
Follow the full-depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi 12 Lite
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The Xiaomi 12 Lite models support the image file in this article. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device to the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download the latest Xiaomi 12 Lite Firmware Flash File and move it to the PC
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File.”
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi 12 Lite
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi 12 Lite from the below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded, followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve also successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Xiaomi 12 Lite device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.