If you’re an advanced user who does customizations, flashing files, etc on an Android device and using the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro smartphone or planning to buy it, this guide is for you.
Back in 2018, Xiaomi’s sub-brand POCO was launched with its first phone POCO F1. The phone’s aggressive pricing with flagship-level hardware was its selling point. Recently, POCO launched the POCO F2 Pro. The phone is again backed with some flagship-level hardware, and the price is half of the other flagship killer phones. The point where the phone misses out very little and gives in more just makes it a very much appealing deal for buyers.
Here in this article, we will share with you Easy Method To Root Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro Using Magisk without TWRP. We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image file and flashing it to the device boot partition.
You will require to download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it. For doing this, your device bootloader should be unlocked. By rooting your handset, you will get a superuser or administrator access to your system. Therefore, you can easily customize, change or edit system files according to your preference. Let’s take a closer look at Rooting access.
- Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro Device Overview:
- What is Rooting?
- Advantages of Rooting:
- Steps To Root Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro via Magisk
- 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk?
- 2. How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Poco F2 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro Device Overview:
The POCO F2 Pro looks identical to Redmi K30 Pro, and the is almost similar in terms of hardware as well. The POCO F2 Pro has the Qualcomm’s latest 5G processor Snapdragon 865 coupled with highspeed LPDDR5 RAM of 6 to 8 GB, and the top-end 256 GB variant comes with ultrafast UFS 3.1 storage option. It has a powerful Adreno 650 GPU alongside a new liquid cooling 2.0. On top of that, the phone also features a 3.5mm headphone jack as well.
The phone has an aluminum frame with a glass body at the back, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. POCO F2 Pro has 6.67 inches of 1080p super AMOLED screen, which also happens to have HDR10+ certification. The screen has an aspect ratio of 20:9 and comes with a pixel density of 395 Pixels per inches (PPI). It has an in-display optical fingerprint scanner. The front camera is a pop-up mechanism so, there’s no distraction on the screen, and the screen-to-body ratio is around 87%. The screen is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The POCO F2 Pro runs Android 10 on top of MIUI 11 out of the box. It has its own POCO launcher as well. The phone has a dual sim option as well. The battery is around 4700 mAh, which can be fully charged from 0-100% in about 63 minutes from the proprietary 30w charger that comes within the box. It weighs around 219 grams. The phone is IP53 splash-resistant, meaning you cannot dunk in the water in any way.
As far as the camera is concerned the POCO F2 Pro features a quad camera setup consisting of a 64 MP main camera, then 5 MP telephoto Macro lens, which is followed by a 13 MP ultrawide lens with a 123° field of view and at the end there’s a 2 MP depth sensor. It has a DUAL-LED dual-tone flash along with HDR support. The phone can record 8K video at 24 or 30 fps and 4K at 60 fps along with 1080 at 30/60/120/240fps. The phone also has a slo-mo video recording option, which records at 1080p@960fps. POCO F2 Pro features a gyro-based EIS for the stabilization of videos. On the front, POCO F2 Pro sports a massive 20MP pop-up camera. The front camera also sports 120fps slow-motion video recording capability.
The phone has WIFI 6 dual-band and Bluetooth 5.1. It also packs a dual-band A-GPS and NFC for payments using Google Pay. POCO F2 Pro has all the necessary required sensors like proximity, gyro, compass. The phone has been launched for 499€ and comes in Neon Blue, Phantom White, Electric Purple, and Cyber Gray color options.
What is Rooting?
Rooting for Android means similar to jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. It will give you superuser access as an administrator to use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps.
Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). But it will give you some unleash power and access to change or edit the system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Also Read: Download Poco F2 Pro TWRP Recovery Guide | How to Root
Advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Poco F2 Pro, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Poco F2 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any applications.
- By Rooting Poco F2 Pro, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro via Magisk
First of all, you should unlock the bootloader on Poco F2 Pro. Then you can continue with the next steps.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the official OTA updates
Download Stock ROM and Extract the Boot Image
Here is the link for the same.
- Download ADB and Fastboot files and extract them in the C:/drive. (Windows/MAC)
- Download and Install Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Download Latest Poco F2 Pro Stock ROM
Once you have downloaded the exact firmware file based on your device model number, you can extract the boot.img file to patch it via Magisk manager app.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the ADB fastboot extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Poco F2 Pro
Follow the given link to install Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro:
- We assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- Now, extract the ADB fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image to the same folder.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click on the mouse to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command:
- Flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
How to Verify if your phone has a systemless root?
- Download and install the Magisk Manager app APK, and launch it.
- To verify that you have a systemless root, check the top of the screen and if you see all options with Green Tick which means you have successfully rooted and bypassed SafteyNet.
That’s all folks! If we helped you in rooting your Poco F2 Pro, then we’re glad we could be of use. If you have any queries regarding the guide, then let us know down below, we’d be happy to assist you!