Back in 2018, Xiaomi’s sub-brand POCO was launched with its first phone POCO F1. The phone’s aggressive pricing with flagship-level hardware was its selling point. Recently, POCO launched the POCO F2 Pro. The phone is again backed with some flagship-level hardware, and the price is half of the other flagship killer phones. The point where the phone misses out very little and gives in more just makes it a very much appealing deal for buyers.
On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on your Poco F2 Pro (Phoenix). This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on Poco F2 Pro.
Also Read: Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro Firmware Flash File
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Poco F2 Pro device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Poco F2 Pro Specifications: Overview
The POCO F2 Pro looks identical to Redmi K30 Pro, and the is almost similar in terms of hardware as well. The POCO F2 Pro has the Qualcomm’s latest 5G processor Snapdragon 865 coupled with highspeed LPDDR5 RAM of 6 to 8 GB, and the top-end 256 GB variant comes with ultrafast UFS 3.1 storage option. It has a powerful Adreno 650 GPU alongside a new liquid cooling 2.0. On top of that, the phone also features a 3.5mm headphone jack as well.
The phone has an aluminum frame with a glass body at the back, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. POCO F2 Pro has 6.67 inches of 1080p super AMOLED screen, which also happens to have HDR10+ certification. The screen has an aspect ratio of 20:9 and comes with a pixel density of 395 Pixels per inches (PPI). It has an in-display optical fingerprint scanner. The front camera is a pop-up mechanism so, there’s no distraction on the screen, and the screen-to-body ratio is around 87%. The screen is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The POCO F2 Pro runs Android 10 on top of MIUI 11 out of the box. It has its own POCO launcher as well. The phone has a dual sim option as well. The battery is around 4700 mAh, which can be fully charged from 0-100% in about 63 minutes from the proprietary 30w charger that comes within the box. It weighs around 219 grams. The phone is IP53 splash-resistant, meaning you cannot dunk in the water in any way.
As far as the camera is concerned the POCO F2 Pro features a quad camera setup consisting of a 64 MP main camera, then 5 MP telephoto Macro lens, which is followed by a 13 MP ultrawide lens with a 123° field of view and at the end there’s a 2 MP depth sensor. It has a DUAL-LED dual-tone flash along with HDR support. The phone can record 8K video at 24 or 30 fps and 4K at 60 fps along with 1080 at 30/60/120/240fps. The phone also has a slo-mo video recording option, which records at 1080p@960fps. POCO F2 Pro features a gyro-based EIS for the stabilization of videos. On the front, POCO F2 Pro sports a massive 20MP pop-up camera. The front camera also sports 120fps slow-motion video recording capability.
The phone has WIFI 6 dual-band and Bluetooth 5.1. It also packs a dual-band A-GPS and NFC for payments using Google Pay. POCO F2 Pro has all the necessary required sensors like proximity, gyro, compass. The phone has been launched for 499€ and comes in Neon Blue, Phantom White, Electric Purple, and Cyber Gray color options.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Poco F2 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Poco F2 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Poco F2 Pro
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Poco F2 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Poco F2 Pro (Phoenix)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Poco F2 Pro (Phoenix) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Poco F2 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- USB Drivers: Xiaomi USB Drivers | Qualcomm USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install them on your PC
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Poco F2 Pro device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Poco F2 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Poco F2 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Poco F2 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Poco F2 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Poco F2 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Poco F2 ProGuide to Root Poco F2 Pro via SuperSU Guide to Root Poco F2 Pro via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.