Samsung finally started pushing their new major OS update, One UI 4.0 for the Galaxy A51 based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number A515FXXU5FVD2 for users in Spain and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Samsung has included the latest April 2022 Security patch, which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Fix: Samsung Galaxy A51 No SIM Card Detected Error
Samsung Galaxy A51 Device Overview:
The Samsung Galaxy A51 sports a 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-O display with an aspect ratio of 20:9. The display also has an 87.4% screen to body ratio and a pixel density of 405 PPI. The display also contains the in-display fingerprint scanner and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protects the device. The device has a plastic back and the same plastic frame too.
Underneath the device, the in-house octa-core Exynos 9611 SoC which pairs Mali-G72 MP3 powers the Galaxy A51. This SoC is built on the 10nm process and this also pairs with 6 and 8GB of RAM and 64 and 128GB of internal storage. Further, the storage is expandable via MicroSD card up to 512GB. The device has a dedicated SIM slot where at a time you can insert two nano SIM’s and a micro SD card.
Talking about optics, the Galaxy A51 has a quad rear camera set up in an L shaped arrangement. This quad-camera setup includes a primary 48MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture value. This sensor pairs with a 5MP secondary depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture. Further, it also sports a 5MP tertiary macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture value. Finally, the device also sports a 12MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture value. The device sports a 32MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture value to the front.
The Galaxy A51 packs a 4000 mAh battery which supports up to 15W quick charge and also charges over type c. The device runs one One UI 2.0 which is based on the latest Android 10. It is available in four colors namely the Prism Crush Black, White, Blue, Pink. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS. It has also support for NFC on board.
One UI 4.0 Upgrade and Features
Of course, the Samsung Galaxy A51 came out of the box with Android 10 and later received the Android 11 update. According to Samsung’s recent policy change, their device will get three years of major OS support and four years of a security patch update. As promised, finally Samsung started rolling their One UI 4.0 update to their most flagship and feature-rich smartphone.
One UI 4.0, which is based on Android 12 brings an entirely new UI design with a simplified color palette feature and the game-changer Android 12’s material YOU design that lets users significantly personalize the look and feel of the UI. The dark mode is now been expanded to all app icons and the camera UI adds ease to use and is better than the last version.
Android 12 One Ui 4.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on January 07, 2022: Today Samsung rolled their first One Ui 4.0 update to the users around the globe with software version A515FXXU5FVD2.
Updated on May 16, 2022: Samsung started seeding May 2022 security patch update for the device with software version A515FXXU5FVE2. The update is based on Android 12.
Download Android 12 | One UI 4.0 Update:
|Build Number: A515FXXU5FVG3
Security Patch: July 2022
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: A515FXXU5FVE2
Security Patch: May 2022
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: A515FXXU5FVD2
Security Patch: April 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Samsung A51
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 4.0 update based on Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy A51, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy A51 battery charged at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Android 12 on the Samsung Galaxy A51.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 12 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy A51. To flash Android 12 (One UI 4.0) on Samsung Galaxy A51, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 12 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy A51.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy A51 to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy A51.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.