The Samsung Galaxy F series has been a success in the budget to the mid-range smartphone segment in India. Indians very well received the F62, and now we have a new F series device coming to the market. Samsung officially announced the Samsung Galaxy F12 which is a budget 90Hz refresh rate smartphone. The device came out of the box with Android 11 based on One UI 3.1.
Samsung finally started pushing their new major OS update, One UI 4.1 for the Galaxy F12 based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number F127GXXU3BVG1 for users around the globe. With this, Samsung has included the latest May 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Samsung Galaxy F12 Device Overview
The Samsung Galaxy F12 features a 6.5 inch IPS HD+ screen with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The USP of this device is that it has a 90Hz display. Samsung skips out on the AMOLED technology but offers a higher-refresh-rate panel to its customers with the F12. Powering the device is Samsung’s very own Exynos 850 chip built on an 8nm manufacturing process. This is an octa-core processor with four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. The Mali-G52 handles all graphics-intensive tasks.
Coming to the cameras, we get a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front for selfies. The rear setup comprises a 48MP primary sensor, a 5MP ultrawide sensor, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor. Moving to the front side, we see an 8MP sensor.
The smartphone has two storage options: 64GB internal + 4GB RAM and 128GB + 4GB RAM. There is a dedicated MicroSD slot for storage expansion too.
For communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, FM radio, and USB USB Type-C 2.0. We get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, and proximity sensor in terms of sensors. Like other budget Samsung devices, the Galaxy F12 also comes with a 6000 mAh battery supporting 15W fast charging.
One UI 4.1 Upgrade and Features
Android 12 One Ui 4.1 Update Tracker:
Updated on August 08, 2022: Today, Samsung rolled their first One Ui 4.1 update to the global users with software version F127GXXU3BVG1.
Download Android 12 | One UI 4.1 Update:
|Android 13 Update||Download Link|
|Build Number: F127GXXU3BVG2
Security Patch: June 2022
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: F127GXXU3BVG1
Security Patch: May 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Samsung F12
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 4.1 update based on Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy F12, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy F12 battery charged at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy F12.
We have provided a detailed installation guide to flash the Android 12 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy F12. To flash Android 12 (One UI 4.1) on Samsung Galaxy F12, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 12 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy F12.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy F12 to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy F12.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.
Please give latest information about update of samsung f12
Specially which date it will be release,
After updating my f12 on may 20 2022, it doesn’t want to update again . just sagging new software update . I update it but still continues to say update.its not fully completing the updating process and consuming my data.please help.