Have you bought the Samsung Galaxy M42 5G handset or planning to get one? If yes then you should be one of the active Android users who love to customize their devices a lot due to the facility of bootloader unlocking, third-party firmware flashing, rooting, etc.
To recall, it’s the first and the most important thing to unlock your device bootloader so that your handset becomes eligible to go through system-level customizations. Sounds great? Here you can check out how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M42 5G very easily.
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G Device Overview
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G features a 6.6-inches Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The display resolution is a bit on the lower side, but the inclusion of an AMOLED panel makes up for it. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G built on an 8nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor that consists of two Kryo 570 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 570 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 619 as the GPU.
In terms of optics, we get a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera setup at the front. The rear camera setup consists of a 48MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8 MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 5MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The front setup houses a 20MP single selfie sensor that is paired with an f/2.2 lens. The rear can shoot 4K videos at 30 fps, while the front camera is only limited to 1080p video recording.
The Samsung Galaxy M42 5G comes with Android 11 out of the box with Samsung’s One UI 3.1 skin on top. There are two storage options for this device: 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage and 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage.
In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we have an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Much like other M series Samsung smartphones, the M42 5G also comes with a 5,000 mAh cell that can be topped up quickly using a 15W fast charging adapter. The smartphone is available in two color options: Prism Dot Black and Prism Dot Gray.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy M42 5G, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy M42 5G is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before unlocking the bootloader, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy M42 5G get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M42 5G
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network with internet access and has enough charge.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > Wi-Fi > Connect to the network.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Check for firmware update from the Software update option and then download and install.
- If an update is available, install it first.
- Once done, you’ll need to enable the Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to the Settings menu > About phone > Software information > Tap on Build number 7-8 times until it shows ‘You’re now a developer.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking [If prompted, allow it].
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and DOWN button on your Galaxy M42 5G and connect it to your PC
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Once in the Download/Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume Up key until you can see the “Unlock Bootloader” screen.
- Press the Volume Up key again to confirm the bootloader unlock process.
- If prompted that all of the device data will be deleted, just proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will reboot.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy M42 5G. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.