After the success of Galaxy S10, Samsung launched its new flagship with S20 series called Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra 5G. Well, the Samsung Galaxy S20+ comes with several features like a 120Hz screen refresh rate, 8K recording, and many others. Here we’ve shared a full list of Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Software Update Tracker.
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus user and waiting for the latest firmware update or missed out on any particular firmware version, then you can easily find out the firmware and download it from the given link. Additionally, we’ve provided the firmware update changelogs, installation steps, requirements, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the device overview below.
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Specifications
- 2 Check OTA Update
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Software Update Tracker
- 4 Galaxy S20 Plus Update [Global / Europe / Asia and More]
- 5 US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Update:
- 6 How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Manually
- 7 Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Android 11 Timeline Tracker
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy S20+ sports a 6.7 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2x display with a Quad HD+ resolution i.e. with 1440 x 3200 pixels. The display has also an ultra-sonic in-display fingerprint scanner which also gets protects by this Corning Gorilla Glass 6. Talking about the internals, the Samsung Galaxy S20+ features the latest flagship SoC from Qualcomm i.e. the Snapdragon 865 SoC and this SoC is built on the 7nm process and it has the Adreno 650 GPU. While in other markets, the Galaxy S20+ sports the in-house Exynos 990 SoC which have the Mali-G77 MP11 GPU. Coming to the memory options, the device is available in 8GB LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage variant. This is further expandable via a micro SD card up to 1TB.
Talking about the optics, the Samsung Galaxy S20+ sports a triple rear camera setup that gets arranged in a vertical setup which is placed to the left of the device. The triple rear camera setup of this device includes a 12MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture value, Dual Pixel PDAF, and also Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). This sensor gets assisted by a secondary 64MP telephoto sensor with f/2.0 aperture value, PDAF, Optical Image stabilization (OIS), 3x hybrid optical zoom. Finally, it has a 12MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture value and autofocus and Super steady video. Finally coming to the front, the new Galaxy S20+ sports a 10MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture value. Further, it also comes with support for Dual Pixel PDAF, and Auto HDR.
The Samsung Galaxy S20+ comes with a large 4,500 mAh battery which charges over a USB type C port. This battery also comes with support for 25W fast charging tech. On the software front, the device runs on One Ui 2.0 which is based on the latest Android 10. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NFC, FM radio (USA & Canada only), and USB 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go. Other sensors in the Galaxy S20+ include accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass. Barometer, ANT+, Bixby natural language commands and dictation, and Samsung DeX (desktop experience support).
Check OTA Update
Samsung always releases firmware OTA updates to its eligible devices in batches based on the server or region. So, it’s quite obvious that most of the users may receive the firmware update notification lately. However, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device via the phone settings.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and fully charge the battery level. If your device gets the latest software update notification, you can simply grab the OTA by downloading and installing it. But if in case, you want to install any particular update version or want to keep updated with each and every firmware update, you should follow the tracker list below.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Software Update Tracker
We will keep updating the firmware update details whenever a new update will be available. So, make sure to bookmark this page.
Make sure to download the correct firmware for your device. If you are using G986N, then download firmware starting with G986N.
Galaxy S20 Plus Update [Global / Europe / Asia and More]
- G986USQU1BTH2: August 2020 Patch – Verizon
- G985FXXS4ATGB: August 2020 Patch – Europe
- G986USQU1BTHD: August 2020 Patch – T-Mobile
- G986BXXU4BTH5: ONEUI 2.5
- G986USQU1ATGL: August 2020 Patch – T-Mobile
- G986BXXS4ATGB: August 2020 Patch – Europe
- G986USQU1ATFG: July 2020 Update – Verizon
- G986BXXU3ATG4: July 2020 Patch – Europe
- G985FXXU3ATG4: July 2020 Patch – Europe
- G985FXXU3ATFG: July 2020 Patch – Europe
- G986BXXS2ATE7: June 2020 Security Patch – Europe
- G985FXXU2ATE6: May 2020 Security Patch – Asia
- G985FXXU2ATDD: May 2020 Patch – Europe
- G985FXXS2ATD5: May 2020 Patch – Europe
- G985FXXU1ATD3: Fix Green Tint on Galaxy
- G985FXXU1ATCT: April 2020 Security Patch – Asia, South America, and Middle East
- G986BXXU2ATE6: May 2020 Patch – Europe
- G986WVLS1ATD3: May 2020 Patch – Canada
- G9860ZHU1ATE6: May 2020 Security Patch – Taiwan/HK
- G986BXXU2ATDD: May 2020 Patch – Europe
- G986BXXU1ATD3: Fix Green Tint
- G986USQU1ATD6: April 2020 Patch – Sprint
- G986USQU1ATCT: April 2020 Patch – Verizon
- G986BXXU1ATCT: April 2020 Security Patch – Saudi Arabia and UAE
- G986USQU1ATCU: April 2020 – Sprint
- G986USQU1ATCM: March 2020 – T Mobile
- G986BXXU1ATCH: March 2020 Security Patch – USA
- G986USQU1ATCH: March 2020 Patch – USA
- G9860ZCU1ATCH: March 2020 Patch – Hong Kong and China region
- G985FXXU1ATCH: March 2020 Security Patch – South Asia and Middle East/Africa
- G985FXXU1ATC1: March 2020 Security Patch – India
- G985FXXU1ATBM: March 2020 Security Patch – Global
US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Update:
- G986U1UEU1BTH3: August 2020 Patch
- G986U1UEU1ATF1– June 2020 Security Patch
- G986U1UES1ATE4: June 2020 Patch
- G986U1UEU1ATCT: April 2020 Patch
- G986U1UEU1ATCH: First Software Update
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Manually
Ensure to follow all the requirements properly before going to the firmware installation process.
- Before you go ahead with the procedure, make sure to take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy USB drivers.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging:
– To do that again, head to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Enter your Galaxy device into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for Samsung phones with capacitive buttons and Volume Down + Bixby + Power for newer models.
Download Required Tools:
- How to Download Firmware: Frija Tool | Samfirm Tool | Samsung Firmware Website
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Instructions to Install
- Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Android 11 Timeline Tracker
No Update on the Android 11 version
We hope this tracker list and firmware flashing guide was helpful to all the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus users. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.