Samsung Electronics today revealed the new Galaxy XCover 5, a rugged yet sophisticated device designed to handle demanding jobs while meeting the needs of an increasingly mobile workforce. To make this possible, Samsung used Exynos 850 processor. The device came out of the box with Android 11 based on One UI 3.1.
Samsung finally started pushing their new major OS update, One UI 4.1 for the Galaxy XCover 5 based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number G525FXXS5BVF1 for users around the globe. With this, Samsung has included the latest May 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
One UI 4.1 Upgrade and Features
Of course, the Samsung Galaxy XCover 5 came out of the box with Android 10 and later received the Android 11 update. According to Samsung’s recent policy change, their device will get three years of major OS support and four years of a security patch update. As promised, finally Samsung started rolling their One UI 4.1 update to their flagship and feature-rich smartphone.
One UI 4.1, which is based on Android 12 brings an entirely new UI design with a simplified color palette feature and the game-changer Android 12’s material YOU design that lets users significantly personalize the look and feel of the UI. The dark mode is now been expanded to all app icons and the camera UI adds ease to use and is better than the last version.
Android 12 One Ui 4.1 Update Tracker:
Updated on May 19, 2022: Today Samsung rolled their first One Ui 4.1 update to the global users with software version G525FXXS5BVF1.
Updated on August 08, 2022: Samsung started seeding July 2022 security patch update for the device with software version G525FXXU5BVF4. The update is based on Android 12.
Updated on August 31, 2022: Samsung rolled the August 2022 security patch update for the device with software version G525FXXU5BVG3. The update is based on Android 12.
Download Android 12 | One UI 4.1 Update:
|Build Number: G525FXXU5BVG3
Security Patch: August 2022
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: G525FXXU5BVF4
Security Patch: July 2022
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: G525FXXS5BVF1
Security Patch: May 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Samsung XCover 5
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 4.1 update based on Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy XCover 5, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy XCover 5 battery charged at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy XCover 5.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 12 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy XCover 5. In order to flash Android 12 (One UI 4.1) on Samsung Galaxy XCover 5, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 12 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy XCover 5.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy XCover 5 to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy XCover 5.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.