In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to install the Samsung SM-G998U1 (Galaxy S21 5G) flash file using the Samsung flash tool (also known as ODIN flash tool). On this page, you will find the official stock firmware file for the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G SM-G998U1, drivers, and flash tool.
By flashing the Stock ROM file, you can always fix the device software issue such as boot loop, lag, soft brick or hard brick, remove pattern lock, FRP lock, and many more.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Device Overview:
The Samsung Galaxy S21 features a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate. The screen can go all the way up to 1300 nits under extreme sunlight conditions. It has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9 ratio. With the Samsung S20, we get the Exynos 2100 chip built on a 5nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with one Cortex-X1 core clocked at 2.9 GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.8 GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz.
In terms of optics, we get a rear quad-camera setup consisting of a 12MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 12MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 64MP telephoto sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens. Coming to the front, we get a single 10 MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The rear setup can capture 8K videos while the front setup is only limited to 4K video recording.
We get a number of options when it comes to storage variants with 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB of internal storage, with 12 GB of RAM for the lower two variants and 16GB of RAM for the top variant. The phone comes with Android 11 out of the box with OneUI skinned on top of it.
.For connectivity, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 3.2, and FM radio. And for the sensors, we get an ultrasonic under-display fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer. In terms of battery, we get a 4,000 mAh cell that supports 25 fast charging. The S21 is available in four color options: Phantom Gray, Phantom White, Phantom Violet, Phantom Pink.
Samsung Galaxy S21 5G SM-G998U1 Firmware Flash Files:
|Flash File Name: SM-G998U1_G991U1UEU2AUC8_11.0_file.zip
Build Number: G991U1UEU2AUC8
Security Patch: April 2021
Android Version: 11 R
Steps to Flash Stock ROM File on Galaxy S21 5G SM-G998U1
Before we get straight to the steps to Install Stock Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, let us take a look at the pre-requirements first.
- This Guide is for Samsung Galaxy S21 5G SM-G998U1
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable to flash the firmware.
- Charge your device with a minimum of 50% battery backup.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
- Download the Samsung SM-G998U1 firmware flash file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.