Remote access based service and maintenance has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. Those who are new to the concept let me brief you. If your device has some issues on the software end, then the repair and maintenance personnel can access your device remotely from his device. Then he will make the necessary repairs remotely. There are many applications that offer this feature. One such popular app is TeamViewer. The remote access is possible when you share the screen in real-time with a person.
Earlier during the pre-iOS 11 days, the screen sharing feature was not available for iOS users. A few tech enthusiasts could jailbreak their devices and make use of this feature. Now, with the latest iOS build releases, many new features are now supported on the iPhones. The sharing of the device screen in realtime is one of them.
This application is supported on various platforms such as Windows, macOS, iOS, etc. In this guide, we will explain to you how to share your screen on Teamviewer if you are using an iPhone. Also, if you use an iPad, then this guide will also help you out. The process of screen sharing is fairly the same on both the iPhone and the iPad. So, make sure not to miss out on the guide.
You have to download the Teamviewer QuickSupport application on your iPhone.
Here is the link to the app.
Sharing the Screen[From your End]
- Open up the app you just installed above
- Upon launching you should see a Teamviewer ID.
- That ID you have to share with the person who wants to access your device’s screen.
- Tap on Send Your ID by copy-pasting the link to the iOS Share Sheet.
Accessing the Screen [from the connection’s end]
Now, here is what the person wishing to get access to your device screen has to do.
- He should visit Teamviewer website on his PC [via browser]
- Next, he has to type in the ID you sent to him in the previous section and press Connect to Partner.
- Once he puts the ID and requests screen share access, a prompt should show up on your iPhone. It would be the Allow Remote Support.
- Tap on Allow.
- Once you allow, you should get a message that the person on the other side has access to the screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, you have to tap Start Broadcast.
Stopping the Screen Sharing on TeamViewer
When your work is done, there is no need to keep sharing your screen. To stop the sharing, this is what you have to do.
- While screen sharing will be on, take a glance at the top left-hand side. There is a timer going on in red color. Tap on it.
- Next, from the small dialog box that will show up tap on Stop. It will stop the active session.
- Now, to close the application simply tap on the X button on the left-hand side.
So, that was all about remotely sharing the screen of your Apple iPhone or iPad using the TeamViewer app. We hope that you found the guide informative.