In Sons of the Forest, players are thrust into a mysterious forest in a survival horror game. In this game, players continue the story of the popular game The Forest. Nevertheless, some players have reported difficulties seeing details in the game due to the game’s brightness. This guide will provide solutions to fix Sons of Forest’s high brightness, shiny, or too bright issues.
Sons of the Forest Best Graphics Settings for 4090, 4070, 3070, 3080, 3090, 1060, 1070, 2060, 2080, and More
How to Fix Sons of the Forest Multiplayer and Connectivity Issue on PC
Is Sons Of The Forest Crossplay?
Sons of the Forest Save File Location – Where exactly is it located?
All Armor Types In Sons Of The Forest Such as Golden, Bone, Tech and More
- Why Do Sons of the Forest High Brightness, Shiny or Too Bright?
- How to Fix Sons of the Forest High Brightness, Shiny or Too Bright
Why Do Sons of the Forest High Brightness, Shiny or Too Bright?
High brightness, shiny, or too bright issues can be caused by a number of factors in Sons of the Forest. There are several common reasons for this:
- It may not be possible for all players to use the game’s default settings, and some may have to adjust the brightness level.
- Depending on your graphics card settings, the brightness level can also vary. In Sons of the Forest, you can reduce the brightness by adjusting the graphics card settings.
- Games can suffer from performance issues due to outdated graphics card drivers. In order to ensure optimal performance in games, make sure that your graphics card drivers are up-to-date.
- An image with a high dynamic range (HDR) has a higher contrast and colour range than one with a standard dynamic range. It can, however, cause brightness issues in games like Sons of the Forest.
- It is also possible to change the brightness level in a game by changing the monitor settings. When playing Sons of the Forest, you can adjust your monitor settings to reduce the brightness level.
- In bright environments, the game may appear to be brighter than it really is, causing high brightness problems.
How to Fix Sons of the Forest High Brightness, Shiny or Too Bright
So, here are some fixes that will help you resolve your Sons of the Forest high brightness, shiny or too bright issue:
Fix 1: Adjusting the in-game settings
To begin with, you should adjust the game’s settings. Depending on your preference, you might need to lower the brightness if the default settings don’t work for you. Here are the steps you need to take:
- You need to launch the game Sons of the Forest.
- In the main menu, click the ‘Options‘ button.
- Go to the ‘Video‘ tab.
- Adjust the brightness slider to a lower value.
It is possible to drastically change the brightness level of the game by making this simple adjustment. Nevertheless, if this solution does not work for you, try the next.
Fix 2: Adjusting the graphics card settings
It may also be the graphics card settings that are responsible for Sons of Forest’s high brightness. If this occurs, you may be able to fix it by adjusting the graphics card settings. To get started, follow these steps:
- Right-click the desktop and choose ‘Graphics Properties‘.
- Go to the ‘Display‘ tab.
- On the left pane, click ‘Color Enhancement‘.
- You can reduce the Gamma Correction value by dragging the slider.
As a result of this adjustment, Sons of the Forest’s brightness level can be reduced. However, if you are still experiencing high brightness issues, try the next solution.
Fix 3: Using Third-Party Software
In Sons of the Forest, you can adjust the brightness level using third-party software if none of the above solutions works. To help you choose software, here are some options:
- F.lux – This application reduces eye strain by adjusting the monitor’s colour temperature according to the time of day. In addition to adjusting the brightness, this software allows you to change the colour.
- Windows Night Light – This feature reduces the amount of blue light your monitor emits, thus reducing eye strain. With this software, you can also adjust the brightness level.
- Nvidia Control Panel – You can adjust the brightness level in games using the Nvidia Control Panel if you have an Nvidia graphics card.
Fix 4: Updating the graphics card drivers
Graphics card drivers that are out of date can cause issues with game performance, including issues with brightness. For optimal gaming performance, you must keep your graphic card drivers updated. Here are the steps you need to take to update your graphics card drivers:
- Using the Windows key + X, select ‘Device Manager.’
- Afterward, select your graphics card from the list and right-click it.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘Update driver‘.
- Thereafter, you will need to follow the instructions on the screen to complete the driver update.
Launch Sons of the Forest after updating your graphics card drivers to check if the brightness issues have been resolved.
Fix 5: Adjust the Monitor Settings
It is also possible that the monitor settings are to blame for the high brightness issue in Sons of the Forest. Gamers can reduce the brightness level in their games by adjusting monitor settings. To get started, follow these steps:
- On your monitor, press the menu button.
- Click on ‘Brightness‘.
- Lower the brightness level.
It may be possible to reduce Sons of Forest’s brightness by adjusting the monitor settings. Nevertheless, if you still experience issues with high brightness, try the next solution.
Fix 6: Playing in a dark environment
Sons of the Forest may appear brighter than it actually is if you play it in a brighter environment. It is helpful to play the game in a dark environment to reduce the overall brightness level. You can create a darker gaming environment by following these tips:
- Make sure the blinds or curtains are closed so that any outside light is blocked out.
- If there are any overhead lights or lamps, turn them off.
- Any secondary light sources, such as a desk lamp or computer monitor, should be set to low brightness.
- Play the game in a dark room.
You can reduce Sons of Forest’s brightness level by creating a darker gaming environment.
Fix 7: Disabling HDR
High Dynamic Range (HDR) enhances the contrast and colour range of an image through a display system. It can, however, affect the brightness of games, including Sons of the Forest. It may be a good idea to disable HDR if you are experiencing high brightness issues. Here are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Sons of the Forest game.
- In the main menu, click ‘Options‘.
- Go to the ‘Video‘ tab.
- Disable the ‘HDR‘ option.
By disabling HDR, you can help the game become less bright. Next, try the next solution if you are still experiencing high brightness issues.
Also Read: Is Sons of the Forest VR-compatible? Fans speculate on possible virtual reality release
In the mysterious Forest of Sons of the Forest, you get to experience the thrill and terror of survival horror. It can be difficult to see important details in the game because of high brightness, shiny, or too bright issues, though. So, now you know how to fix these issues after reading this article. We hope that you find this article helpful. But, in case you need more info, comment below and let us know.