On this page, we will guide you on how to install the official firmware file on Sony Xperia 10 II XQ-AU52 based on Android 11. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset that comes with decent specifications. If you’re using a Sony Xperia 10 II handset, then you can check out the full guide on the steps and requirements to flash Stock ROM.
In order to flash the firmware file on your Sony Xperia 10 II device, requires Xperia Flash Tool and some drivers, and proper guidance. In this article, we will share with you the tutorial of installing stock firmware easily.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
A Stock ROM or Firmware is official software crafted and developed by the official manufacturer for a particular device. It will be stable and almost bug-free as well. The Stock ROM comes with necessary system files and applications which provides a better user experience than a custom ROM.
Though a Custom ROM offers customizations and tweaks, it has some security issues possibly. You can’t really rely on a Custom ROM as compared to the Stock ROM. Whereas, you can also fix some of the device issues as well.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Sony Xperia 10 II Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using the Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Sony Xperia 10 II
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Sony Xperia 10 II
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped errors on Sony Xperia 10 II
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk
- You can unroot Sony Xperia 10 II
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device
- Restore Sony Xperia 10 II back to Factory State
- Device Name: Sony Xperia 10 II XQ-AU52
- ROM Type: Firmware
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: Xperia Flash Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- Android Version: Android 11
How to Flash Sony Xperia 10 II XQ-AU52 Firmware File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Sony Xperia 10 II XQ-AU52, you should download the firmware flash file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Before following this guide, make sure that you have enough battery backup on your device (at least 50% or higher)
- To begin with, you will have to enable OEM Unlocking. For that, head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options and Enable OEM Unlocking.
- Next up, download and install the XperiFirm Tool on your PC.
- Also, download and install the NewFlasher Tool on your PC.
- We would recommend you take a complete device backup and make sure that it is sufficiently charged as well.
- Finally, download and install the Sony USB Drivers on your PC.
That’s it. These were all the required files. You may now proceed with the steps to flash the Sony Xperia 10 II XQ-AU52 firmware file.
Download Flash Files
|Software Details||Download Link|
|Flash File Name: 59.1.A.2.96
File Size: 2.84 GB
Android Version: 11.0
Device: Xperia 10 II dual (XQ-AU52)
|Download XperiFirm Tool|
STEP 1: Download Firmware
- To begin with, you will have to download the firmware for your XQ-AU52 with the desired region. For that, launch the XperiFirm software on your PC
- Next, select your device (Sony Xperia 10 II) from the left-hand menu bar and select the model number XQ-AU52.
- Go through the firmware information section and select the region.
- Then on the right side, click on the latest available firmware that it displays. It should be present just beneath the Available Firmware section.
- A popup dialog box will then appear, click on the Download button.
The downloading process will now begin and once that is done, you will get an Unpacked Successful message. Click on OK. You could also go through our guide on how to install stock firmware on Sony Xperia using Xperifirm and Flashtool to gain more knowledge about this tool.
If you have flashed the firmware using this guide, then you don’t have to follow the second and the third step. If not, you can flash the firmware using the Newflasher tool command.
STEP 2: Boot your Sony Device to Flash Mode
- You will now have to boot the device to Flash mode. To do so, power off your device. Then press and hold the Volume Down key and connect your device to the PC via the USB cable.
- As soon as the Notification LED light turns green (while the device is in a switched-off state), it indicates that the device has been successfully booted to Flash Mode.
STEP 3: Flash Sony Xperia 10 II XQ-AU52 Firmware Files
- First of all, extract the Newflasher inside the same folder where the firmware files are present (that you got from the XpeirFirm tool in STEP 1).
- Now launch the NewFlasher application on your PC.
- Type in n and hit Enter. Then again type n and hit Enter. You should now be taken to the flashing stage.
- Make sure to connect your device to start the upgrading process.
- Now press Y and again Y to reply in the affirmative. The conversion process will then begin and once that is done, the tool will notify you that is now safe to disconnect your device.
- Hence, disconnect it from the PC and then press and hold the Power key to boot it to the converted firmware.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Sony Xperia 10 II device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.