Are you looking to install stock ROM on Huawei MediaPad M2 M2-801L? Then you are just in the right place. In this post, we have brought you the latest stock firmware for the Huawei MediaPad M2.
These days installing custom ROMs, rooting the device is a pretty common scenario among smartphone enthusiasts. However, not every day is a sunny day. Usually, while customizing your device you may have performed some wrong steps and ended up with a bricked device or a phone stuck in the endless boot loop. Sometimes the new custom OS you install brings a lot of unforeseen bugs. So, the only solution is to take the device back to its previous state. This technically means flashing the stock firmware on the smartphone.
Talking of the Huawei MediaPad M2, we have put up the latest stock firmware of the phone along with the flash tool and a complete tutorial to help you install the stock ROM correctly on the device. We have laid out all the instructions in a simple and detailed manner. So, it should be a cakewalk for you to install stock ROM on Huawei MediaPad M2 M2-801L.
How to Install Stock ROM on Huawei MediaPad M2 M2-801L?
Installing a stock ROM is pretty easy. All you have to do is download the stock ROM for the corresponding device. Then grab the USB drivers, an exclusive flash tool that we will use for performing the installation. Talking of the flash tool, we are using the Huawei Multi-Download Tool in this guide because the Huawei MediaPad M2 runs on HiSilicon Kirin 930 chipset.
You will also require some other tools which we have listed out below. You have to download and install them as instructed. Before getting on towards the installation, let’s find out the importance of stock ROM.
Why Stock ROM is important.?
A stock ROM is the OS which the device runs when its unboxed. It’s the pre-built operating system. So, by flashing the stock ROM, you would literally take back the device to its original working state.
- A stock ROM can fix the device bootloop issue
- If your phone is bricked, then you can unbrick it by flashing the device with the latest stock ROM
- You can upgrade/downgrade the OS of your device via flashing a stock ROM only.
- it is important during unrooting the device and going back to stock
- Device Name: Huawei MediaPad M2 M2-801L
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: HMD Flash Tool
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 930
- Android Version: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- UI: EMUI 3.1
- Firmware File
- Huawei_MediaPad_M2-801L_V100R001_C500B016_MFU_HMT | Download
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your PC and install it.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC
- You will also require Download Huawei Handset Product Line Driver and install it.
Stock ROM Installation Guide for Huawei MediaPad M2 M2-801L
As mentioned before, here are the list of flash tool and other software which are important to successfully install stock ROM on Linx Alfa 3G from Bravis.
Requisites Before Installation
- The stock ROM provided in this guide is exclusively for Huawei MediaPad M2. Do not use it on any other device.
- Before installing the stock ROM charge the battery of your device up to 50%.
- A laptop/PC
- Don’t forget to take a backup of your device data. Backup without root | Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Make sure to download firmware, drivers, and tools to flash the firmware on your Huawei MediaPad M2.
Guide for Firmware Installation
The tutorial linked below will guide you to flash the latest stock ROM on the device.Guide to Install Stock ROM using Huawei Multi-Download Tool
So, guys.! We hope that this tutorial to install stock ROM on Huawei MediaPad M2 was useful to you. Install the firmware and enjoy it. If you ahve any queries do let us know in the comments section.