Lenovo finally launched their latest gaming smartphone called Lenovo Legion Pro (Model L79031). It features packs with everything that a gaming smartphone should have or mobile gamer would need like the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ SoC, 144Hz display, massive 5000 mAh battery, UFS 3.1 Storage, and a ton of gaming accessories.
Today we have the latest stock ROM flash file for the Lenovo Legion Pro based on Android 10. To install the firmware flash file, we need software called QFil or QPST Tool which can be helpful to flash the stock ROM on your device. The method is simple and easy. We have also added video and step-by-step tutorials to make things easier to flash the official flash file.
This process is helpful if you have bricked your device, experiencing lag, or shuttering performance, to fix Bluetooth and WiFi issue, to unroot or bypass the FRP lock. So without further wasting our time, let’s understand what is stock firmware flash file.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of bootloop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- You can unbrick your bricked Lenovo Legion Pro.
- Fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Lenovo Legion Pro.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Lenovo Legion Pro.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
Steps to Flash Lenovo Legion Pro Firmware File
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Lenovo Legion Pro. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Device Supported: Lenovo Legion Pro L79031
- Tool Supported: QFil or QPST tool
- Android OS: Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool, and drivers for the Lenovo Legion Pro from the link below.
Download Flash Files:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Lenovo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Lenovo device.
- To install the OTA package, download and move the OTA file into your phone’s internal storage.
- Now reboot your device into recovery.
- Clear the cache
- Tap on install update via SD Card or internal storage option
- Find your OTA package and proceed to installation
- When the installation is done, you can reboot your device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:Guide to Install Stock ROM using QFIL Tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Lenovo Legion Pro :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Lenovo Legion Pro.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Lenovo Legion Pro. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.