Vivo has been teasing its latest Y-series phone for quite some time now. Now, the company has finally launched the Vivo Y70s smartphone with 5G support. It is the first smartphone that comes powered with Samsung’s latest Exynos 880 chipset.
Did you accidentally brick your Vivo Y70s, or are you facing any boot loop, lag, or shatter? Then you are in the right place. Here we will guide you to install the latest Stock ROM on Vivo Y70s. The guide is simple and easy.
This firmware can be installed using the AFTool or QFil Tool. We have shared both the method to flash the firmware file on Vivo Y70s.
Vivo Y70s Specifications: Overview
Vivo Y70s smartphone has an IPS LCD display. It measures 162 mm x 76.6 mm x 8.4 mm and weighs 190 grams. The screen features a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and 395 PPI pixel density. It’s an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 84.17 %.
Under the hood, it’s powered by octa-core Exynos 880 SoC having two Cortex-A77 cores clocked at 2.0GHz and 6 Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.8GHz. The processor is paired with Mali-G76 MP5 graphics and 6GB or 8GB of LPPDR4x RAM. The phone runs Funtouch OS 10, supported Android 10.
The phone is provided with triple cameras at the rear, comprising a 48-megapixel primary shooter with f/1.79 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultrawide shooter f/2.2 aperture, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. On the front, there’s a 16-megapixel hole-punch selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture. You’ll use night view, portrait, panorama, dynamic photo, movie, time-lapse, and other modes while using the camera.
Vivo Y70s packs a 4,500mAh battery with support for 18W dual-engine flash charging. It features liquid cooling technology. There’s 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Micro-USB port, and 3.5mm headphone jack for connectivity. Onboard sensors include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, gyroscope, and compass. A side-mounted fingerprint sensor has been given for authentication. The size of the phone is 162.07×76.61×8.46mm, and it weighs 190 grams.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually, when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications, he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of boot loop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform a system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
Advantages of Stock ROM
- You can unbrick your bricked Vivo Y70s.
- It fixes the boot loop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Vivo Y70s.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove the root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Vivo Y70s.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
- Device Supported: Vivo Y70s PD2002
- Tool Supported: QFil or QPST tool / MSMDownload tool
- Android OS: 10 Q
- Funtouch OS: 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Y70s PD2002
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Vivo Y70s. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download AFTool | QFil Flash Tool or QPST Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Install the Latest Vivo USB Drivers
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool, and drivers for the Vivo Y70s from the link below.
Download Firmware Flash File:
- PD2002_A_1.7.23: Download
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via AFTool:
- Launch the vivo aftools to flash the ROM
- In the AFTool, locate your firmware file which you downloaded.
- Boot your device into EDL mode
- You can now connect your phone to PC in fastboot or EDL mod.
- Click Start to upgrade your firmware.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Vivo Y70s PD2002. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.