Recently, many online players are downloading the Zoom app for easy video chat. While keeping its privacy, the Zoom app introduced password and username security measures. To increase the high-security level, the Zoom app came up with a new security protection system, two-factor authentication.
The admins in the app can enable two-factor authentication for their users. If you are signed in to the Zoom app using two-factor authentication, a code will generate for your mobile, and you need access to that code to enter into the app in addition to a password and username.
What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication is referred to as two-step authentication. It’s a trusted security process for all users to access the system. This security process will protect your account by requiring not only a password but also need verification code as sent to your trusty mobile. This double protection will help you to use your account safely.
The requirement to enable two-factor authentication;
- You must be an account owner or by an admin.
- Need a time-based One-Time Password support device with a two-factor authentication app.
Now we can go to learn how to enable two-factor authentication on the Zoom app;
Enable Two-factor authentication:
- First of all, sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Then go to the Navigation menu and click Advanced> security
- Click the toggle to Use 2-step verification with Google Authenticator
- Then Enable Two-factor authentication for All users in your account
- Enable Users with specific roles
- And click Select specified roles, then select the roles and click the Ok button
- Then enable Users belonging to specific groups to click the edit button, choose the group, and click Ok.
- Finally, click Save
Resetting Two-factor authentication:
If you already have a two-factor authentication setup, you can reset it. For instance, the 2FA app uninstalled or removed the Zoom app from the 2FA app.
- Log in to Zoom web portal
- The select Navigation menu and select Advanced>Security
- Select Two-factor authentication for this user
- Give the mail address or username
- Then click Reset.
Hereafter the user signs in to the Zoom app. They will ask to set up two-factor authentication again.
Set up two-factor authentication (users)
After your Zoom admin enabled two-factor authentication, you need to set up two-factor authentication. You first log in to the Zoom website.
- You have to sign in to the Zoom website; there, Zoom will show a QR code.
- Now you have to open the two-factor authentication app on your device and scan the QR code shown on the Zoom website. Then the 2FA app will generate a 6-digit OTP.
- Then type the 6-digit code in the verification code space.
- Then click Continue.
If you are using more than one mobile, you can set up two-factor authentication in both devices.
Sign in to use two-factor authentication (user)
Follow this step to sign in to use two-factor authentication;
- Log in to the Zoom website using your regular username and password.
- Then open the two-factor authentication on your mobile
- And type the one-time code shown on the two-factor authentication on the required field
- Then click Continue.
After the frequent complaint from users, the Zoom app introduced double protection security-two-factor authentication. Through 2FA, you can join in meeting with the Zoom app without any anticipation.
This article covers the entire topic, related to how to set up two-factor authentication on the Zoom app. And this writing will help to use the Zoom app without feeling insecure. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.