In this guide, we will show you the steps to unbrick your Asus ZenFone Max M1 (ZB555KL/ZB556KL) and restore it back from dead. Asus Zenfone Max M1 (codename: X00P) was launched in the year February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo.
Along the same lines, you could also root your device via magisk and install tons of mods. However, flashing these custom binaries might bring in some risks as well. There is always a chance of the device getting into a boot-loop or soft brick. Moreover, if the device’s partition gets corrupted, it could well result in a hard brick. Well, if that ever happens to your Asus ZenFone Max M1 device, you may easily bring it back to life. Given here are the detailed instructions to unbrick your Asus ZenFone Max M1 (ZB555KL/ZB556KL) device. Follow along.
Now before we go ahead and unbrick your Asus ZenFone Max M1 ZB555KL/ZB556KL from dead or bootloop, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to restore it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Asus ZenFone Max M1 ZB555KL/ZB556KL is charged to about 60% before following the unbrick your Asus ZenFone Max M1 ZB555KL/ZB556KL from dead.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Asus ZenFone Max M1 ZB555KL/ZB556KL recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Asus USB Drivers on your PC.
Download ADB and Fastboot Binaries
ADB and Fastboot drivers or tools are really useful to run system-level commands on your connected device using the computer in a matter of seconds. Whether you want to run fastboot or adb commands on the device, or sideload OTA files, or remove programs, etc. You can grab ADB and Fastboot binaries here.
Download Qualcomm USB Drivers:
- Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008 Driver so that your device gets recognized by your PC in EDL mode.
Download EDL Unbrick Firmware
Download QPST/QFil Tool
Download the Asus ZenFone Max M1 RAW Firmwares from the below link. [Credits: XDA Senior Member RazaDroid].
That’s it. These were all the requirements. You may now proceed with the below steps to unbrick your Asus ZenFone Max M1 device.
Method 1: Flashing Raw Firmware In EDL Mode Port 9008
- First of all, open the QFil Flash Tool application on your PC.
- Boot your device into EDL Mode 9008 port
- Now on your QFil flash tool, select your device port 9008.
- Now click on the BROWSE button to select the extracted firmware directory.
- The firmware will be represented with name >
prog_emmc_firehose_XXX_ddr.mbn(According To SoC)
- Now Click On Load XML
- Now select the rawprogram0_XXXX (According To SoC)
- Select patch0_XXXX (According To SoC)
- Now tap on the Download button to start the flashing process.
- If you find any error, refer this image.
- That’s it! Wait for the download process to complete.
Method 2: Flashing Raw Firmware In Fastboot Mode
- Download firmware file
- Extract the firmware zip file.
- Now connect your device into fastboot mode.
- Open extracted folder and look for the .bat file.
8937.bat - For Snapdragon 430 8917.bat - For Snapdragon 425
- Run the .bat file according to your chipset (SoC)
- Wait till it finish the process.
- Your device will automatically boot into system.
- Be Patient First Boot Takes Time
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to unbrick Asus ZenFone Max M1 (ZB555KL/ZB556KL). If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.